• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Lost all progress after save

Y0F0X3N

Reaction score
Steam
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Y-F-E/
Squigly Valentine Eliza
Wanted to post this thread to ask if anyone else has had the same issue as me. I've been recently getting more and more into this game but I don't know if this is supposed to happen or if there's something I can do to fix it cause it really sucks losing all my progress. Marie 300% and all the challenges were cleared and I had all of the art in the gallery but now it's all gone. Also, I play on steam if that is important or helps. Any help or answers are greatly appreciated, thanks!

You can try to recover your save file using the Steam Cloud resync method (Option 6 in the below link), but if the Steam Cloud save has already been overwritten, unfortunately I don't think there will be an easy way to recover it.

Also just to check, you're not checking the beta for progress on the retail version, or vice versa, right? Progress is not tracked across the 2 versions and they are separate saves.

Reactions: Y0F0X3N
You can try to recover your save file using the Steam Cloud resync method (Option 6 in the below link), but if the Steam Cloud save has already been overwritten, unfortunately I don't think there will be an easy way to recover it.

Also just to check, you're not checking the beta for progress on the retail version, or vice versa, right? Progress is not tracked across the 2 versions and they are separate saves.
Thanks for the info! Unfortunately I couldn't get it back because of what you said about the beta and the main game not saving on the same one. However, I just beat Marie 300% again so now I just need to do all trials, challenges and tutorials and I'll be good. Btw, is there a way to make sure I don't loose it again? I beat Marie 300% on the main game instead of the beta/alpha.

Thanks for the info! Unfortunately I couldn't get it back because of what you said about the beta and the main game not saving on the same one. However, I just beat Marie 300% again so now I just need to do all trials, challenges and tutorials and I'll be good. Btw, is there a way to make sure I don't loose it again? I beat Marie 300% on the main game instead of the beta/alpha.
Best way I can think of is that you back up your save file manually (make a copy of the save files from your Documents/Skullgirls folder and keep them somewhere safe). It's a rare but known issue that sometimes the save file could get corrupted and delete your progress.