• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Lotion cracked my Sanwa clear Joystick

scrubbyscum999

The dream is on hold, till I get my stick back.
Reaction score
Steam
scrubbyscum999
Painwheel Cerebella
So long story short, i put lotion on my hands, rubbed it in, and started playing with my eightarc fusion synthesis. My Sanwa clear joystick cracked from the lotion moisture and the surface was messed up. Any reason why this is and where I could find a replacement. Second, how do you replace it. I mean, I don't know how to open up my stick cause I never had to do it. Please, someone help. :(

1) Clear ball tops are notorious for cracking. I doubt it was the lotion that did it, but I've heard weirder stuff before.

2) You can order a new one from focusattack.com, specifically this page.

3) Replacing it is super, super simple. You need a Flathead and Philips head screwdriver. Open the stick from the bottom with the Philips head. With the Flathead, stick it in the groove on the stick shaft, hold it firmly in place, and then screw the balltop off by hand. If you got that far, you can figure out how to put the new one on.

Here's a video if you're having trouble. What you need starts at 0:45. The video is for a MadCatz stick, but they both use a Sanwa JLF so it's the same process to get the balltop off.

Reactions: scrubbyscum999
1) Clear ball tops are notorious for cracking. I doubt it was the lotion that did it, but I've heard weirder stuff before.

2) You can order a new one from focusattack.com, specifically this page.

3) Replacing it is super, super simple. You need a Flathead and Philips head screwdriver. Open the stick from the bottom with the Philips head. With the Flathead, stick it in the groove on the stick shaft, hold it firmly in place, and then screw the balltop off by hand. If you got that far, you can figure out how to put the new one on.

Here's a video if you're having trouble. What you need starts at 0:45. The video is for a MadCatz stick, but they both use a Sanwa JLF so it's the same process to get the balltop off.

THANK YOU SO MUCH. Honestly, I can live it for now but I kind of like my stick being nice so I will try and replace it some time. Probably get extras just in case at this point lol.

Speaking of which how do you replace the ball?

Last edited:
dSAeoBl.jpg

sorry... i just had to

THANK YOU SO MUCH. Honestly, I can live it for now but I kind of like my stick being nice so I will try and replace it some time. Probably get extras just in case at this point lol.

Speaking of which how do you replace the ball?

You didn't actually read my entire reply, did you? I told you how to replace it AND posted a video on how to do it. :p