• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Lower Damage Ratio for 1v1?

Jason

Not JasonD
Reaction score
Squigly Big Band Cerebella
I realize that 1v1 is not the most popular format to play the game in but hear me out.

Obviously with a team-based game, extremely high damage, on the order of 50-70% of a single character's health in one combo, is expected otherwise matches would take too long.

However, this level of damage output is a little overboard for a 1v1, especially since 1 decent reset can easily end the round.

Do you think changing the damage ratio in 1v1 to 0.9 or 0.8 would make 1v1 more fun/interesting/balanced?

True but typically 1on1 games like Blazblue, P4A, SSF4, GGXXAC, etc. have 2 rounds but rounds don't end in 2 combos (although there is the occasional exception).

I believe Skullgirls is meant to be a faster paced game than those 1v1 games though. 1v1 games in Skullgirls already take longer than other ratio games, so slowing it down even more would make the difference even greater.

True but typically 1on1 games like Blazblue, P4A, SSF4, GGXXAC, etc. have 2 rounds but rounds don't end in 2 combos (although there is the occasional exception).

Are you sure we're playing the same games?

Reactions: Oreo and klaww