• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Lupin The Third

Sparties

SUPERSOAKER
Reaction score
197tutf4dx2v6png.png

Lupin III(ルパン三世 Rupan Sansei?), also written as Lupin the Third or Lupin the 3rd, is a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Monkey Punch. It follows the escapades of master thief Arsène Lupin III, the grandson of Arsène Lupin, the gentleman thief of Maurice Leblanc's series of novels.

okay, i recently got into this anime after a friend introduced me to it. i'm kinda not surprised that there isn't a thread for it specifically, but uh, i'm making it now.
please tell me there are people here who watch this. ;-; it's really good, fuck. wacky feel-good animes are my thing.

This Anime is on my list right after I finish Big O. Personally I kinda miss old adventure anime, it had a certain charm to it and after all Lupin was the inspiration for bebop. you dont really get creative but simple adventure anime like bebop, trigun, or even lupin anymore, its all shonen crap now. I cant wait to check this anime out.

yessss, i loved bebop, too. i didn't realize lupin was an inspiration for it! maybe that's why i've taken such a liking to it.

Theres an old charm to adventure anime honestly, its hard to pinpoint but in really good old anime there is somewhat sorta a thrill to the story if that makes any sense. I dont really get the creative thrill with much modern anime (with the excepton of a few). Lupen certainly has that charm.

Also Lupens car makes a cameo appearance in bebop but I forget what episode.

it's just very simple and easy to follow for me. there's a lot of anime now that when i watch it, i'm like "????"

Exactly simple and cheap fun that anyone can get into. heck I dont want to say it but even i sometimes get lost in good animes like Jojo.

I got lost in JJBA in like P8, that's why I'm just gonna let that arc finish before I read it.
Lupin is literally, "CHECK OUT SHOOTER MAN, BOOB LADY, AND SAMURAI GUY. SHIT, POLICE MAN IS AFTER US AGAIN. TIME TO HEIST" with an occasional emotional moment, like in the Linda episode, but ye.

Big Lupin fan, I think I've seen most of the movies. But have yet to see most of the old TV eps.
Guess you probably know about the new series:

ye; i'm watching from the very first part, green jacket series.