• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Steam - Windows Mac Spectator Crashes, Menu Overlay Problems

NotUsingAnymore

Reaction score
Ms. Fortune Cerebella
So I'm playing the Mac version, and the game has an odd tendency to consistently completely crash when I'm in lobbies and the game attempts to move me to spectator.

Also, I've attached a screen shot of my game after backing out of a lobby before backing out into the main menu all together: Screen Shot 2015-10-15 at 10.30.55 AM.png

Not sure why the menus are overlaying like this.

Computer specs:
OS X Version: 10.9.5
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB

Is there anything else I might need to add to make a better report?

hey no problem Just helping out a guy who's new at the game/ community.

also hi~ you might remember me on 6-Let's Stream also known as Explosionforce

So I'm playing the Mac version, and the game has an odd tendency to consistently completely crash when I'm in lobbies and the game attempts to move me to spectator.
Known, Humble says they are working on it.
It is a cross-platform issue with either Mac or Linux spectating a Windows player.

Also, I've attached a screen shot of my game after backing out of a lobby before backing out into the main menu all together:
Not sure why the menus are overlaying like this.
Is that just once, or often? It happens very seldom on the Windows version also after lobby errors, but if it's often on Mac that's new.

Last edited:
heh... Well if it is fixable on the Mac Humble version then that's good to hear. Thanks for coming by Mike and helping out.

Can't speak for Mac, but on Windows I can generally make the menu overlap go away by going into and out of "PC Versus Mode." Causes the menus to refresh. I think. Happens pretty frequently, but I don't think it's a big deal. Especially since I think it also goes away if I get into a match.

Known, Humble says they are working on it.
It is a cross-platform issue with either Mac or Linux spectating a Windows player.

Is that just once, or often? It happens very seldom on the Windows version also after lobby errors, but if it's often on Mac that's new.

@Mike_Z Wracking my memory hard for this one...

Okay, in the 30ish times I've gone in and out of the lobby menu from and back to the main menu, the overlay issue has happened... 4 or 5 times? Yeah, about that.

Apparently it also goes the other way around as Windows can crash while spectating Linux too. I learned this the hard way after accidentally killing the stream for a weekly tourney. Oops.