• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Parasoul making crouching medium kick 2 frames faster

droopyturtle

team mediocrity
Reaction score
PSN
droopyturtle9
Parasoul Painwheel
what do u guys think I was working on parasoul trying to see what I could do with her as far as combo's off light tear shot so I experimented. obviously lights were incredibly easy to combo after. standing mediums were not so easy but doable so I experimented with her crouching mediums and only cmp I was able to chain I was wondering was their a particular reason why cmk couldn't be chained into a combo after a light tear shot. the reason I ask this I guess was for utility in combo to be able to chain into command forward hp I know some might cry cheap but even 1 frame faster to were it can be chained off of light tear shot would be good or is this too much for parasoul??

Why would you need to be able to combo into 2MK when you can combo into 5LP which has longer reach?

L Shot > 5LP > 2MK > 6HP works fine.

You can even use something like Dash 5LP 2MK 6HP+A1 to convert off it from really far away.

Also Parasoul doesn't need even longer and easier tear shot loops.
If 2MK worked and was faster she would have

LP LP MK MK HP HP L SHOT
MP HP HP L SHOT
2MK HP HP L SHOT
LP LP MK MK HP HP L SHOT
LK LK MK MK HP HP L SHOT xx SNIPER

In the corner.

I guess I just don't see why it should be added and no I don't think it's cheap either.
Parasoul also doesn't need an even faster longer reaching low, her 2LK is really good.

Parasoul's c.MK is fine how it is. I mean like, She already has a fast enough low as Skarmand said. 13 frames is enough. If your having trouble comboing into it from L shot, It's just about how for the opponent is away from you.

Say you do the normal BnB and you land after the j.HK. You could the s.MP s.HP L Shot s.LP s.MK L shot dash c.MK. It's just better to combo with s.MK because it's already 2 frames faster and it pushes her foward a little bit.

Now the con(s):

1. Parasoul players could? Possibly, feel awkward about the change and have to adjust
2. Parasoul is a character hard to enough to react to in her mixups with her overheads and good c.LK as a low. Making her enough harder to react to.

If your looking for an alternative low mixer, Just use f.MP cuz no one really uses it anyways and it's fancy looking~~~~~~.

For completeness and a design answer, if c.MK were sped up then the hitstun would be shortened enough that F+HP would no longer combo from it.
13f is fast for a medium attack in Skullgirls, and if it got any faster the utility would be lowered in other areas, like damage or hitstun.