• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

MAME Arcade machine and running SG

arcadepcnut

Reaction score
Hello all. I have a arcade machine setup with mame on a 27" crt. I love old fighting games such as king of fighters and samarui showdown as well as mortal kombat and street fighter.

I downloaded steam to my arcade machine and purchased skullgirls to run on this machine. Added the game to my frontend. When I select the game to run. I get 1/4 of the top left of the screen on the screen so I assume the game is trying to run at 4x 640x480. also the task bar still shows on the game. so I assume there is video setting somewhere? I tried on the executable to force run at 640x480 but no help.
I google for 640x480 skullgirls and all I get are links to wallpaper and fanart.

So at this point I cant even get past the menus because I cant see all the menu.

I assume what I wanted to do cant be done. But I was thinking there has got to be at least one other person out there doing what im wanting to do and can offer some assistance?

Just double checked, there is definitely a 640x480 setting in the video options.
Do you have a higher res monitor that you can plug in to adjust the settings in game? Not the most elegant solution but that's all I got.

Just double checked, there is definitely a 640x480 setting in the video options.
Do you have a higher res monitor that you can plug in to adjust the settings in game? Not the most elegant solution but that's all I got.

Well that's a awesome idea. I can do that. let me try.

Okay that worked. something simple and I missed it. I now have the game running 640x480 60hz on my arcade monitor and it looks great. I mean compared to other 640x480 fighters. im sure it looks much better at 1900x1280 but I was going for an arcade experience.

I did notice when configuring the inputs the shift left and shift right keys are not allowed. they are allowed in mame. is there any reason the shift keys are not allowed as selectable inputs? I hate to rewire my mame cabinet for one game.....

Last edited: