• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

mastery Levels?

Mastery Levels?

• Hell yeah!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Steam
ScarletGungnir
Eliza Parasoul Fukua
Wondering if could be cool if after every online match the character(s) that you played received some XP, that after some fights, gives a "mastery levels" to that character(s). And ,maybe, the enemy character lvls could be displayed before or after match. If showed before you could "prepare yourself" to that battle, if after, you can judge: " well, for that circunstances i did good actually". Levels stuff always keep us stuck in games, you know.
So what you think?

I really don't see how this would work in Skullgirls. Also imagine how much money it would cost for a feature most people wouldn't really use.

You posted this in the Skullheart support section btw.

This is the section for site discussion and not the game! ˙ ͜>˙

I think it would definitely give a lot of people the compulsion to play the game more, exp bars hook the shit out of people.

Personally though I'd prefer if it wasn't in though. If it was I'd definitely make sure all the characters I play are at the lowest rank possible.

It's a try-and-true artificial incentive to keep their players playing [or sadly boosting] online longer then they would normally would without it especially if there are achievements/trophies/some kind of cosmetic reward/etc walled behind a specific rank/level/prestige/match grind/etc threshold. I remember I ended up playing the first Arena game online more then I intended to because I wanted to unlock a specific title combination.

That said it is also fluff and fluff costs money like implementing a survival mode and other previously mentioned requests that weren't originally apart of the budget plan. It would be nice we can have it just for the sake of having it since I see no down side for a feature like this, but assuming it can even be implemented at this stage, it would likely be a money/time sink that would arguably be better off invested in other areas of the game that could use it.

a per character ranking?

i believe it goes into that "doable but too low priority in the things-to-do" list.

This already exists it's called fighting games

Just raised this idea because we all know that no matter how much we love the game, and the "community is friendly, blah, blah, blah", a game need a big number of followers to keep up an "franchise", and this method is cheap but helps stick in some people more. I know that at this stage of process of the game isn't viable idea but i was curious if the players could see this positively, but i was surprised. >:0
Anyway, thank you for the feedback and have fun guys.