• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Metalocalypse

Jutsei

Unwavering Hype
Reaction score
Website
jutsei.deviantart.com
Steam
Jutsei
PSN
Animeking194
Peacock Painwheel Unknown
Decided to make a thread for one of my favorite cartoons of the last decade.
Metalocalypse is a cartoon about a world famous rock band called Dethklok, they're so popular their home more or less counts as it's own country with taxes. Of course, it turns out that said band is involved in some kind of prophecy, and there's a sorta huge overarching story across four seasons, but that kind of takes a backseat to the antics of the band and playing some kickass Death Metal. Almost every episode ends with a really good song (So good they make albums made of them), and usually at least one episode progresses the story in the back every now and then. Really enjoyable and fun ride no matter how you look at it.
So does anyone else here like Dethklok? I sure do.

Last weekend they showed an Hour Long Special, The Doomstar Requiem, which, in a change of pace, was an hour long Rock Opera. It was supposed to be the last episode and end the series, but this was not the case. The creator, Brendan Small, confirmed a fifth season is coming (And the ending to the special ended on a sequel hook), so you can talk about that too

metalocalypse is, like, super BRUTAL

and super funny.

the special was great too.

also when you say brutal you have to say it like Nathan

BRUUUUTAAAALLLLL

Their concerts are so metal that their fans get brutally killed by them lol.

One of my favorite scenes

Reactions: Jutsei
I love impersonting the voices of Toki and Skwissgarr. I call my friends "dildos" in a Skwissgarr or a Toki voice. I love the episode where the band goes to Norway because Toki's dad is dying. Another favorite of mine is in the fourth season where Nathan messed up and now they're having a totally brutal carnival. Then Pickles starts selling houses because his mom wants him to be as "successful" as his brother. THE SLEEPER HAS AWAKENNN!

I've pretty much been watching Metalocalypse from the first episode, got all three albums, to say I love the show and the band is an understatement.

I think my favorite episode is...well, hm. That's a tough call, but the second season finale was pretty good.

And as for my favorite song, I have to go with Pickle's Rehab Saga, particularly the second part with Jack Black voicing the doctor.

What time is it?

Hamburger time!

Banana Stickers anyone?