• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Steam - Windows Minimum Requirement for 3D Backgrounds?

Gamera Ramen

Chou Henshin!
Reaction score
Steam
Gamera Ramen
Fukua Painwheel Big Band
One of my favorite things about Skullgirls is that for such a beautifully animated game it has the system requirements of Minesweeper. One of my least favorite things about Skullgirls is that my computer is incapable of rendering 3D backgrounds (as well as a couple other bits.)

tumblr_nwehqwfwxM1tvutngo3_1280.jpg
tumblr_ny1lwnNZZS1tvutngo1_1280.jpg
tumblr_nwehqwfwxM1tvutngo4_1280.png
tumblr_nwehqwfwxM1tvutngo2_1280.png
(Indivisible screenshots are there because they show the same issue.)

My only guess as to what's causing this is my graphics card. The Steam store page shows a PC minimum graphics card of Intel HD3000, and my computer has only Intel HD. Not only are these glitchy bg's not good looking, but some of the worst offenders even cause noticeable input lag (with 2D backgrounds I get flawless gameplay.)

What's causing these whacked-out scenes? Is it because my computer has a low-end graphics card? Is there anything I can do about this, or anything I should look for when I get a new computer?

Thanks!