• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Steam - Windows Missing Something with FPS?

Kendrik

Reaction score
Steam
[toj.cc]Kendrik
Mods: Please remove. Thanks. Looks like my machine is somehow to blame.

I was a day one guy for Skullgirls when it came out on PS3, and I am excited to have finally picked it up for my PC in Steam.

My game performance is less than optimal, though. I've toyed with settings a good deal (dropping even to minimum resolution and 2D backgrounds), and Steam's FPS ticker has yet to go above 25fps during battle in any game mode. If I were on an older machine, I wouldn't be surprised, but my computer far exceeds requirements demands. I'm running a quad-core AMD at 3GHz a core, 8GB of RAM, and an Nvidia 650 Ti SSC. I believe all my drivers are up to date, and checking temps and system monitors have showed my machine isn't really being pushed, so I've no reason to believe overheating or bottlenecking are in play. I could be wrong on that, I suppose, but logs don't suggest it.

So, am I missing something somewhere that could help me play the game like I'm used to playing it, or is my machine somehow faltering?

Thanks!

Update: Game performance elsewhere isn't up to what it used to be, so I'm thinking it may be something off in my hardware after all. Continuing to investigate.

Last edited:
I want to keep it open to see what the issue and solution is in case someone else experiences it.