• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Mobile Season 1 Story Mode Discussion

Are the four chapters in the beta all of season 1, or will there be more by release? Chapter 4 seems like a pretty definitive ending to the prequel, but it seems like there's a lot of things missing that could've gone before that. 4 out of 6 playable characters (and 1 out of 2 bosses) don't even show up in the story! Would've liked to see Valentine together with The Last Hope and Filia waking up for the first time with Samson on her head.

The virtues of doing a game like this is that chapters can follow any characters and be set in any time frame.
This set of chapters focus almost exclusively on the Medicis with a little bit of Parasoul.
What was everyone else doing at that time? They could hop around to any point in the timeline and do short 4-10 chapter plots.

We have plans for both more "prologue"-style stories, as well as stories that take place in parallel with the console game timeline (and perhaps beyond!).

The amount and variety we're able to hit up primarily depends on how well the game performs - as you no doubt know, Alex has no shortage of ideas!

We have plans for both more "prologue"-style stories, as well as stories that take place in parallel with the console game timeline (and perhaps beyond!).

The amount and variety we're able to hit up primarily depends on how well the game performs - as you no doubt know, Alex has no shortage of ideas!
I hope we get to see the full force of Alex's ideas. The thought of the higher ups asking if he was ok in response to his story concepts has me eagerly anticipating more of his creativity.

Is there a way I can rewatch the cutscenes in the mobile story mode again after I beat that story section?

Is there a way I can rewatch the cutscenes in the mobile story mode again after I beat that story section?
Only by deleting your save file or playing the advanced stages.
I hope this is something added to the final version. Kingdom Hearts plays all cutscenes again by default before matches. I'd much rather if SG did this too.

Only by deleting your save file or playing the advanced stages.
I hope this is something added to the final version. Kingdom Hearts plays all cutscenes again by default before matches. I'd much rather if SG did this too.

I dunno this is a pretty grind-heavy game. I don't think that's appropriate.

You could put a toggle in the options menu to show or skip cutscenes when replaying stages.

I dunno this is a pretty grind-heavy game. I don't think that's appropriate.
What do you mean? I don't see the problem with having the option to view cutscenes in some sort of extras/options menu. Console Skullgirls does that anyways.

We have plans to implement a solution for replaying dialogues.

She is actually PRE Life Gem! Note her lack of scars (and pants!).

Wow she looks so smooth without the scars, does her tail still detach? Looks like it was still a blade before her incident.

Wow she looks so smooth without the scars, does her tail still detach? Looks like it was still a blade before her incident.
No, she can't detatch it, but she like all ferals can stiffen parts of their bodies to make it a blade sticking out of her spine.

I would like to see the dialogue played out also--though that's because I found a lot of typos playing through (at least until the update, but the chapter in Little Innsmouth still has Ricardo saying a "doesn"t" with quotation marks instead of an apostrophe). I gave some feedback regarding earlier ones, but I was offline later on, not realizing there would be more.