• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Ms. Fortune Complaints

ReSpAwNz67

But Mike Z, Where's The OTG?
Reaction score
PSN
ReSpAwNz67
Ms. Fortune Eliza Robo Fortune
Ok well this has been bothering me for a little while now and I really don't want to sound bitchy or anything to that nature, but I'd just like a few things answered I guess (not trying to sound self entitled or anything) I just have a few gameplay questions about Ms. Fortune.

1) I'm not really too sure why this move is this way, but if you use J HK after a launch you get a blue bounce no matter if you wasted your otg or not. Is this related to Parasoul's J HP? Other characters like Fiia or Cerebella have no problem doing this, is there any reason why?

2) The last patch gave me the impression that you'd be able to pull off more moves after Fiber Uppercut but the only thing that is possible now is just a L El Gato after a L Fiber Uppercut. Even on Salty Mike seemed to try Head Spike after H Fiber Uppercut but gave up on attempting it. Were they meant to combo? I was really looking forward to that as it'd give people other options to combo in Head Spike besides C HP or ADC HK into Head Spike.

3) Why was the J HP chain into H El Gato or Head Spike removed? Was it due to there being no undizzy bar before?

4) What happened to her super bounce when performing a Head Spike? Well this one I can kind of understand since it basically gives you a free set up to do whatever you want without wasting your otg. Just thought I'd ask that question too.

I'm sorry if this sounds a lot like whining but these are just some questions I had. Any responses would be very appreciated and won't be met with hostility. Yes I'm an actual decent person that can respond respectfully, and I'm not just saying this out of pure salt. Just thought I'd ask some of these questions since I haven't seen anyone else ask them. Thank you to anyone that gives their time to read/reply to my post.

Last edited:
#1 thats only when you do a raw j.hk, if you chain into it you can otg, ad its not even a normal you should use often so it doesn't matter.

#2 what can't you do after fiber, I use them in combos all the time.

#3 Because j.hp was given different momentum properties that are WAY better than her old j.hp, and unless it was different in vanilla you could never combo j.hp in hk axe kick.

#4 Have you played this game since vanilla? That changed years ago.

1.) it be stupidly good if it gave pink bounce
2.) Mike Z dosnt play Fortune it makes sense that he is not all that good with her combos

How.

no one answer for him either I just want to see why he thinks it'd be stupid

2.) Mike Z dosnt play Fortune it makes sense that he is not all that good with her combos
I'd also like to know how it'd be stupidly good. I can understand not giving pink bounce to a normal non chained J HK, but if it's already in a chain why not?

you can do it in a chain though what you can't do however is: launcher>j.hk or something>adc>j.hk It's still a combo but these count as new chains so this is where j.hk is raw

1) Try in training mode, turn off the dummy ground teching, pretend it's a red bounce and see if you can figure out the reason why. :^) Cerebella can't airdash cancel to combo off it. Now, about Filia's...

2) No, you can't combo Spike after Fiber. If they were 'meant to', they would combo. :^P I was showing that it was now possible to buffer specials, whereas before it wasn't. S'all. None of the hitstun changed.

3) Because I'd like you to spend a meter to combo while changing modes, and she has Feral->sneeze. Also because j.HP was massively sped up, knocks the opponent in a better direction, and was overall improved in other ways.

4) It went away a loooong time ago, unless you miss with the head. You know, in the same way that Cerebella can't do Kanchou loops anymore - things change to prevent exploitable situations. [edit] You can still combo off Spike, just not with absolutely anything including a tag-in.

I feel like we are forgetting the fact that using launcher into j.hk at the end of a combo is a free burstable knockdown which is more useful than any combo potential j.hk could give us with an otg.

If you are deaperate to use j.hk use it when they are on the ground and get a sick j.hk, hk elgato, s.hp opener. if you use it air to air stop and use j.mp or don't even challenge.

#1 thats only when you do a raw j.hk, if you chain into it you can otg, ad its not even a normal you should use often so it doesn't matter.

#2 what can't you do after fiber, I use them in combos all the time.

#3 Because j.hp was given different momentum properties that are WAY better than her old j.hp, and unless it was different in vanilla you could never combo j.hp in hk axe kick.

#4 Have you played this game since vanilla? That changed years ago.
On #1 you can't chain it without getting a blue bounce as shown here

On #2 no you cannot nor have you never been able to combo any type of Fiber Uppercut with Head Spike. With trying to chain El Gato H or M with Fiber it seems that it just misses.

And on #3 this was possible pre Big Band patch I believe. Also on #4 I just saw some old footage and just wondered why it was taken out. I mean I understand why it was taken out before the undizzy meter but now not so much so. But yea #4 was more like just an extra question.

fiber is the end chain and you started a new chain with j.hk

forgive me I should've made that an example too

1) Try in training mode, turn off the dummy ground teching, pretend it's a red bounce and see if you can figure out the reason why. :^) Cerebella can't airdash cancel to combo off it. Now, about Filia's...

2) No, you can't combo Spike after Fiber. If they were 'meant to', they would combo. :^P I was showing that it was now possible to buffer specials, whereas before it wasn't. S'all. None of the hitstun changed.

3) Because I'd like you to spend a meter to combo while changing modes, and she has Feral->sneeze. Also because j.HP was massively sped up, knocks the opponent in a better direction, and was overall improved in other ways.

4) It went away a loooong time ago, unless you miss with the head. You know, in the same way that Cerebella can't do Kanchou loops anymore - things change to prevent exploitable situations. [edit] You can still combo off Spike, just not with absolutely anything including a tag-in.
Thanks Mike for the info although I know you didn't need to. I don't know, it just feels like most of the time the risk isn't worth the reward when using her in a team but that may just be a personal gripe. I don't mean to sound pretentious or anything these were just a few questions I had.

What does OP mean by super bounce?

ground bounce instead of regular otg
like with eliza's divekick servant

I don't know, it just feels like most of the time the risk isn't worth the reward when using her in a team but that may just be a personal gripe
That's like a thousand percent unrelated to any of the things you asked about, and not something I can help with - Stuff gets pretty damn far with her and she's not really worse in any kind of meaningful way than she used to be...though with what you asked I'm sorta inclined to believe you think she'd only be worthwhile with Nom loops. :^P

divekick servant?

I don't recall saying chair.

Also I guess I should change what I mean [about ground bounce].

Like when horus hits someone out of the air or the end of double's tag. both are ground bounces

double's tag is the best example of this I dunno why I didn't go with that first

EDIT: Now I sound like a crazy person

Last edited:
That's like a thousand percent unrelated to any of the things you asked about, and not something I can help with - Stuff gets pretty damn far with her and she's not really worse in any kind of meaningful way than she used to be...though with what you asked I'm sorta inclined to believe you think she'd only be worthwhile with Nom loops. :^P
Nom loops? Nah I want S HP to combo with another S HP without causing any undizzy to build ;P

divekick servant?

I don't recall saying chair.

Also I guess I should change what I mean [about ground bounce].

Like when horus hits someone out of the air or the end of double's tag. both are ground bounces

double's tag is the best example of this I dunno why I didn't go with that first

EDIT: Now I sound like a crazy person
Meh I usually use the term "Super Bounce"

EDIT: since you know, that's what it does? Causes a bounce that is pretty "super" *shrug*

Last edited:
But seriously, no that's not really what I'm looking for at all. H El Gato is extremely hard to actually combo as it only combos with a J HK or a C HP launch into a H El Gato (and that link is absolutely horrible) It feels like you have to go absolutely out of your way to combo in a Head Spike or a H El Gato. I guess that's where my huge gripe lies, and sometimes it feels like what's the point in playing Fortune? Sure for the puppet pressure but that was nerfed pretty hard, but Fortune still has the best corner pressure in the game I have to admit. At this point there really is no point in using Fortune over other characters like Filia or even Valentine. But hey, that's just my opinion, and all I can do is hope that she gets better with patches.

she was crazy before

edit: also, H el gato also combos on lights in the corner with L fiber, j.hp, H el gato.

she was crazy before

edit: also, H el gato also combos on lights in the corner with L fiber, j.hp, H el gato.
You mind posting an example of H El Gato comboing with those moves in corner? And man…I think I just miss H El Gato actually being useful :/

Thanks, I'll test this myself ASAP. Thank you.

Not exactly a complaint but...

Why Fortune can't cancel Fiber's jump with an up button as well as kick?
Was it a thing before? Would it be bad?

Not exactly a complaint but...

Why Fortune can't cancel Fiber's jump with an up button as well as kick?
Was it a thing before? Would it be bad?
would allow me to tk stuff, i'd like that