• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

PS3 Music loop points...

werewolfgold

HIT ME!
Reaction score
Big Band Squigly Beowulf
I've noticed for a while, but listening to the music in the NMO Arena while playing as Beowulf brought it to the forefront of my mind. A lot of the music loop points in the game are kind of jank. Not a deal breaker by any means, but noticeable. The main menu music, character select, and more. There's a very clear hiccup where the loop point starts. This is for the PS3 version. No idea how it sounds for the PC version.

I bring it up because SG isn't the only game where this is an issue (of the top of my head, SSF2HDR and Darkstalkers Resurrection come to mind). I'm not trying to pick on LZ or anything. But, there are indeed the majority of games where it's not really an issue at all. So, I was just kind of wondering was puling that sort of thing off more work than I think it is (maybe for software reasons or something) and to inquire how much work it would involve to address it. Out of curiosity, mainly. My gut says that it's one of those "that ship has sailed" type of things in terms of fixing it. But, hey, the PS4/Vita versions are still being worked on, so...

First off, the sound files themselves are fine. Rip them, play them back-to-back in an audio editor, they're absolutely seamless. The audio guy is not at fault here!

I listened to NMO Arena via the ingame music box and noticed that sometimes there were hiccups at the transition between intro and looping... but sometimes there weren't? I don't claim to know jack squat about Skullgirls' internals, but it might just be some quirk with how the game backend does audio.