• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Naïve/Stupid things you thought as a kid.

I used to think a massive chunk of characters who were boys in the shows I watched/games I played were just girls. Double D, the broccoli kid from Veggietales, Riku from Kingdom Hearts, etc. I thought they were girls. And it wasn't fantasizing or anything kind of thing I just shrugged my shoulders and went: "I guess they're girls, right?"

Although on the bright side I think it's a part of the reason that I'm so behind diversity in games now. When I grew up and realized so many female characters were the same character or set of feminine traits slapped onto a body I could only really scratch my head in confusion as to why that was.

Reactions: CatfishZealot
-Used to think turn signals on a car were automatic and the car just knew where you wanted to go.
-Once had a dream that rain was God's spit and believed it.
thbpbt.jpg

i was so paranoid of swimming in deep water when i was little that during my swim lessons, i had a fit and claimed that there was a great white in the deep end of the pool.
-Mine was a octopus/cthulhu like creature most of time. Now, sharks, because they real(not in the pool).
-dig deep and go to china too.
-the "sack man". Scruffy old man that take away kids that disobey your parents or walk alone at night.(kinda tru though).

Reactions: Sparties
the "sack man". Scruffy old man that take away kids that disobey your parents or walk alone at night.(kinda tru though).

Literally was told the same thing. Terrified me.

Hitting every credit in the smash credit game in Melee had to unlock Crash Bandicoot

The only game myth I actually believed in was Waluigi in SM64DS

Trying to find your way back to the SS Anne in Red/Blue to use Strength on the truck because Mew just HAD to be under there.

The only game myth I actually believed in was Waluigi in SM64DS

I did too, it should've been true anyway.

Trying to find your way back to the SS Anne in Red/Blue to use Strength on the truck because Mew just HAD to be under there.

Shoutouts to the guy that always parks his truck in front of Gamestop when there's a Mew event.

That you could
revive Aeris in disc 2
if you got a secret materia in the beginning of FFVII called "Revive P" materia.

I thought that submitting cheats to sites like IGN or Gamespot automatically meant that it would happen in the game, so I would submit cheats that would unlock robot versions of characters in games.

Reactions: erkicman
when i was 6 my friend told me that babies are made when u make a new friend so one time we got a new teacher at school and we were learning about how to make friends and when the teacher asked me to answer i just said "when u wanna be friends u make a babi together ^____^" and my teacher called my parents over at school but i was too young to know and understand what it meant so i kept saying it until i was like 9 years old
now i lie awake everynight in shame

Reactions: HeadcrabNinja
I thought that submitting cheats to sites like IGN or Gamespot automatically meant that it would happen in the game, so I would submit cheats that would unlock robot versions of characters in games.
now that's called "DLC" sir

The Tails Doll curse is still a thing right?

That the second the clock hit midnight on the day a certain food expired, it would spontaneously grow mold, get mushy, and do all the other stuff food does when it gets expired.
I don't know how or why I thought this, I mean, I ate expired food (by accident!) too many times as a kid.

I thought that eggs were just regular food chickens naturally produced and not unborn chick children.

When I was at the hospital my sister was being born at the most important thing there to me was the Power Rangers glove my Grandma gave me that day.

Reactions: Meow-Professor
I thought babies had a chance of being conceived when a husband and wife kissed. This is obviously pre-birds and the bees.

People can't play games like Skullgirls simply for the plot, wait, I am a kid.

FACK

I thought St.Anger was a good album.

I thought Outback Steakhouse was to Australia as McDonald's is to the US
you can beat me up now, Water Mystic
:v

Okay this isn't something I thought but:
My sister thought toilets ran on electricity.

Holiday naivete! Go!

I didn't know that you had to send your letters to Santa before Christmas Eve and ended up putting my letter next to both the milk and cookies and thought Santa would have the things I wanted. Every year I got so frustrated that it wasn't working. I gave up when I was 11.

I have many regrets about that.

Holiday naivete! Go!

I didn't know that you had to send your letters to Santa before Christmas Eve and ended up putting my letter next to both the milk and cookies and thought Santa would have the things I wanted. Every year I got so frustrated that it wasn't working. I gave up when I was 11.

I have many regrets about that.
That's actually pretty funny