• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Need Blue Screen help

Rynozilla

Guess what I'm watching
Reaction score
Website
steamcommunity.com
Steam
Rynozilla
Eliza Squigly Filia
So. My laptop's been Blue Screen-ing for a while in the beginning, then kinda went away? Not it's back with a vengeance. REAAAALLY could use some help. Anything at all would be great.

I'd suggest writing down/taking a picture of what the screen says and then google that at your convenience.

Its possible you've caught isavulpesitis.
R.I.P. Me
b9c508ad_BSOD.jpg

Not actually mine, but it's the same thing, pretty much

Last edited:
Lung cancer is pretty much like prostate cancer, but you probably don't want doctors using prostate treatments to fix your lung cancer.

Double check that everything is hooked up tight and pick up something like CPU Z to monitor your hardware. You could be overheating, you might have bad RAM, you might have a bad install, you might have a driver issue, you might have malware, you might have leprosy. BSoD is pretty generic as far as causes. Anything that makes Windows or hardware go "oh shit" can cause it.

Why is this in off-topic general where you can bet Mike isn't going to see it

Hi yeah I had the same issue
I bought new RAM and formated my PC to fix it
Now my PC doesn't work at all anymore

Have fun with this Rynozilla
Yay ;x;
Why is this in off-topic general where you can bet Mike isn't going to see it
Because SH rules or something? I'unno.

Goooooooooooonna punch my computer in the face monitor. It not only blue screens, but also disconnects my controller almost every match. The screen freezes for a sec, then the controller disconnects and I can't do anything about it besides wait for it to reconnect.

usb disconnects are likely a socket issue. If the freezes and disconnects are related, it's a motherboard issue.

WAS FINALLY ABLE TO GET THE INFO, OH MY GOD IT TOOK FOREVER
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 3b
BCP1: 00000000C0000005
BCP2: FFFFF8800AA9D2E1
BCP3: FFFFF8800A31BB90
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\121214-64241-01.dmp
C:\Windows\Temp\WER-86830-0.sysdata.xml
Hope this helps ;w;

There's a lot of things that can cause it, but the general issue is that bad data is being passed around your computer. The problem is likely either security programs or bad memory mapping. Easiest fix is making sure you update all of your hardware drivers. In particular, make sure your gpu and chipset have the latest drivers.