• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

New Egret sniper?

chillbean

wasting time
Reaction score
Unknown
So there's a character in the background of the Glass Canopy stage, and she has a crosshair symbol in her hair. Could she be the retconned sniper of the black egrets. Admittedly the symbol is the only thing that would suggest so but still thought it might be interesting to see what people think. Found this on Willy Huangs art blog, and the gif's file name is Atriumnight-junko, so Junko could possibly be her name?
031714-sg_AtriumNight-junko.gif

Sorry if this has been posted about before, if it has I haven't seen it. Anyway, what do people think?

Probably not, but she looks kinda cool so I'd be okay with it.

Could be worse.

It could be that Juju's only a nickname and her real name was Junko.

Retconned means retconned, not "oh we'll place her somewhere else under a different name". She cannot legally appear in Skullgirls in any capacity.

i thought juju's supposed to be chinese
This definitely isn't meant to be Juju, that wasn't the point I was trying to make. Lab0 cant/wont use that character anymore. I wanted to see what people thought about the idea of her being the retconned egret member.
Personally I think she's cool, her formal dress suggests a kind of Indian theme, which would be cool, but the name Junko is Japanese. If she is the sniper, it'd be cool to see her in her Egret uniform.

it's Ju-Ju's Sister. let's leave it at that.
...what part of "cannot use JuJu in any capacity" is so hard for people to grasp? If a new Sniper character is created to fill the gap made by Juju, it can have nothing to do with Juju.

Them making a new sniper Juju's sister would be like me making and selling my own fully released game starring Sonic's sister and thinking it's completely fine. I'm not actually using Sonic, so what's the big deal?

For better or worse Juju in her entirety is owned by someone not involved with Lab Zero. "This character was trained by Juju!" still uses Juju. It is just as open to legal problems as using Juju herself.

Regarding the character in the OP: She is awesome and I love her.

She doesn't even look Asian. More Middle Eastern if anything.

That said, I'm all for her replacing Ju-Ju as Egret sniper Number 13.

Last edited:
You're only thirty and you're already making dad jokes.
The descent will be fast and painful for you.

She totally looks Asian. Like, maybe Filipino or somethin'.

She totally looks Asian. Like, maybe Filipino or somethin'.
Be right back, I'm editing my head canon. Seriously though there's not much to go on with just a background image. The only clear indicators I can see are her skin tone, hair type, and that eye paint it looks like she's wearing.

Last edited:
Two threads in one day reinforcing that Juju will never appear in anything ever... <sigh>

Butthurt aside, if that was the character to replace Number 13, I wouldn't be quite as upset as if the sniper continued to be a nameless Egret. I like that character design.

Wouldn't the crosshairs on her head imply that she's the one getting sniped tho.

Reactions: erkicman
Wouldn't the crosshairs on her head imply that she's the one getting sniped tho.
It could just be a hairpin. It looks stylish either way.
Well, it's clearly something physically there, as evidenced by the shadows on it. It's no laser, or anything like that. Hairpin seems logical to me.

Reactions: Denizen
Weird place to have a hairpin though. Hair clip, perhaps? Either I'll remain consciously optimistic that there is a new sniper character that has been created that will become playable in about 15 years.

I like her design way better than Juju's personally, just more to it.
If she is the new #13 it'd be so cool if she wasn't standing in the background if you play as Parasoul at Glass Canopy.

I like her design way better than Juju's personally, just more to it.
If she is the new #13 it'd be so cool if she wasn't standing in the background if you play as Parasoul at Glass Canopy.

I like the idea that she's normally around at the party, but when Parasoul calls on the sniper for her super, Junko here pulls out a giant rifle from nowhere to take the close shot.

The typo in the first post inspired me to post this link:

Willy Hwang's blog:
http://silentbrainsart.blogspot.com/

If you love seeing the explained process of gorgeous details in the best fighting game in the world, the blog is definitely worth a look. For instance: some miscommunication lead to having the corpses of Andy Anvil and Stanley in the background of the vetoed wrecked Lab Eight stage:

FoVTyMi.jpg

As for Junko, perhaps Cough Drops can be convinced to redraw her "Take the shot, Juju!" comic from a year ago with Junko.

If only

We could have ended Andy and Stanley

I want to fucking pile drive the dumbass who ended juju's existence. Fuck that piece of goddamn sh-

Anyway this character is pretty cute. I love the sniper crosshair in her...hair. If she did replace juju, as in it's someone completely different mind you, I would be fine with that.

Still fuck that piece of shit who killed juju, FUCK HIM #rantdone

Reactions: Osmiumsmith
I want to fucking pile drive the dumbass who ended juju's existence. Fuck that piece of goddamn sh-
The guy that made Juju is sort of the one who ended her...
well sort of.
I mean it's his fault for claiming that his idea was stolen. Even if Alex was the one who came up with everything good and interesting about Juju (design, story, etc.) and he just came up with a very lame underdeveloped concept.
2934fda47c308851a24008861df9759b.jpg

The guy's an idiot. He thinks parasites are called Skull Monsters and Cerebella's hair is alive.

Sem título.png

she's either wearing a mask or has the creppiest smile of all time

well it has some differences in her design. The crosshair is red and used as a hairpin and the etnicity seems different. Make her battle apparel different and that's something I guess.

she's either wearing a mask or has the creppiest smile of all time
It's a really low detail image, I think they just didn't draw the mouth.

I understand, but I'm still rather loyal to Juju and this name. I have fully accepted that Juju will never return to the Skullgirls universe (outside of my most desperate head-canon of "she's not gone till she is openly replaced with a new character in-game"), but I've had this name since the first iteration of Skullheart back during the Waifu Wars, and I still really like Juju as a character concept/design, so I think I am going to stick with juju_for_president.

Plus... I honestly think Junko is a terrible name. I'm sorry. Her design is great, but that name is just godawful.

Plus... I honestly think Junko is a terrible name. I'm sorry. Her design is great, but that name is just godawful.
The name reminds me of Junko from Danganronpa. Uh oh.

some miscommunication lead to having the corpses of Andy Anvil and Stanley in the background of the vetoed wrecked Lab Eight stage
Stanley is the breakout hit character everyone loves.

As for Andy, isn't he just a product of Peacock's imagination? I don't think you can hurt an idea.

As for Andy, isn't he just a product of Peacock's imagination? I don't think you can hurt an idea.
Andy is real, he was just created by Peacock's imagination.
More specifically, he was created by the Avery Unit which was influenced by Peacock's imagination.

I'm more curious about the blood.
Can anvils bleed?

Living ones with hairy legs certainly can.