• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Ninja Slayer Thread

Colossi

THE ONE THAT DODGES
Reaction score
Steam
Colossi
Fukua Cerebella Unknown
YEEEEEEEEEEEART

oh my buddha

yo, you trying to start something? huh? You better not open up this jar of shinobi whoop ass.

i still love you.

oh. that. nah i don't really like that show. was kinda off... like it tried to be a comedy with over the top silly bad animation mixed with actual animation and it just didn't sit well with my artist eye. it just kinda worked against itself. :/

The budget really kicked up since inferno cop
but can they top the story
that remains to be seen

The adaptation is simply awesome.
I can't even differ one from the other.
xpLPJfW.jpg

Reactions: Fizzxwizz
I'm glad the episode is only 12 minutes long. Any more than that and I would have died.

It's like the creators walked up to Studio Trigger, looked at their previous work with Inferno Cop, Kill La Kill, and Gurren Lagann, and said "Fuck it we'll take ALL of it! We got ninjas doing silly shit just go nuts with it!"

I still think that the creators weren't expecting that thing.
I imagine their reaction when that 4:3 opening started.
That zoom at the end.
YEEEEEEEEART

so this is a shoe-in for next great toonami show, right?

adult swim pioneered this style of animation after all.

also ANIME OF THE YEARt!

Reactions: Colossi
Second Episode, First minute in, "AW YEAH, IMPROVEMENTS!"

two seconds later:
sASC0xt.gif

"ohh... never mind..."

two seconds after that it's back to semi okay animation. my brain pls make it stop...

the anime whiplash I haven't had to deal with anime in years... *cries*

overall the animation improved. I think they spent like 3,000,000 more yen [what's that like 10 bucks in American Dollars?] on the effects so there's a plus. So many explosions it might have turned Michel Bay into wanting to make a movie of this. Despite my mind not liking the silly paperdoll animation scenes the show is quite fun and it's there for the "stupid" part of your day.

Last edited:
Episode 3: Only 4 very small clips of paper doll animation. Improvements? Yes. Story being placed in? Yes. Overall Score? 3.2 outa 5.

so when does ninja slayer show up
in episode 3? no where. thanks to the episode being a two parter and will be continued in episode 4. the first two he was there and killing ninjas

Third episode was a shit. It had sick visuals, so yeah, 1/10.

Reactions: Fedora_Ninja
Val needs some Sonic Karate anti-air pom-pom karate on her kit.
Also, when's Ninja Slayer Valentine voice pack?

Her intro quote would be "Domo, (character name)-san. Valentine desu."
Her death quote would be "Aieeeeeeee"
Her battlecry (?) at the beginning of every super would be "YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEART"
Her winning quote would be "You may now recite your death haiku, (character name)-san."
Her timeout quote would be "Oh my buddha".
All her matches against another valentine would have only one line
All ninjas must perish

remember, to be a good son you must get a job and have access to your parent's bank account to wire them money every so often.