• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

No Point Anymore?

Venus Lovelace

Coquettish
Reaction score
PSN
rynozillafan
Squigly Squigly Squigly
As conceited it is for me to make a thread basically just telling the world how much of a failure I am, after playing for 4 years, I guess it just seems fitting. I'm honestly terribad at every fighting game, and it's the most depressing thing in the world since they're my favorite to play. After 4 years, though, and literally getting WORSE, I've realized. I should really just stop. Forever. Probably not all fighting games, but at least Skullgirls. I guess I just don't deserve to play such a great game. This is goodbye then, everyone.

dude it's alright. it's a fighting game, everyone loses and i can understand how this can make you feel down and stuff. but it's alright, ask yourself this: "Do I enjoy playing SkullGirls?"

if the answer is yes, then don't stop, even if you lose, playing SG at a casual lvl is alright, there's tons of people who do that actually. Only a minority of us play this game seriously at a high tournament lvl.

and if you want to improve and get better there are peeps out here willing to help.

Tell you what. go make some tea, relax for the day, try to feel better, and if you feel like coming back we'll be here to help yah out. Sound good?

Its ok. We ain't all good at stuff. I'm terrible at basically everything, but its the adventure over the result I feel.

And besides, how much of these forums are actually talking about skullgirls? It certainly doesn't feel like its talked about nearly as much as it was before; mostly just being used as an outlet for people who like the game to get together and talk. Dun worry

Are you having fun? That's really all that matters. I get bodied pretty hard but I still love it. Hell, Skullgirls is the game I'm least terrible at, but it still doesn't stop me from enjoying Vampire Savior and 3rd Strike too, even when I'm complete garbage in those.

From what I've noticed you don't seem to participate much on learning the game since all your posts have nothing to do with gameplay.

If you want to get better then asking better players things would probably help.

Honestly instead of making this thread you could've been asking questions about the game :/

You don't grow by yourself, you grow with others.

That said if you don't enjoy the game anymore then don't play it but if you do like it then try actually participating in learning the game by asking questions instead of posting in off-sg boards.
You might find that asking questions here can help you learn things or find you other players to fight.

Sorry if that seems mean but I'm reading "waaaah I can't get better but I don't feel like putting in any effort to better myself I'll just never ask anything related to gameplay and post in non-sg boards, guess I'll quit I'll never know why I don't get better." Just seems like a cry for attention. 15 messages none are about sg at all and most of them are profile updates.

To get help you have to want help. Have a good day.

I'd suggest trying other fightan games. Getting into Guilty Gear helped me after realising I didn't like SG's system. Maybe I'm not coming back to it, but at least I'm happy that I found a fightan I'm comfortable with.

Go try new shit dude. Anything that inspires you, try it. It can't get worse.

Okay yup I tried
This game makes me suicidal, because I'm a failure at everything I'll ever want to be competent at, skill gap actually disgusts me
Gonna go get this account deleted or something

Good job ignoring every other person in this thread.

Hiro don't be an ass.

I'm sorry that you are leaving Venus. We hope you have a good time playing another game. If you ever do come back we will be more than glad to welcome you.

Maybe just take a break? No point in quitting if you still want to play the game. I havent played for like 8 months or more now. I played a handful of games last nignt and had a blast. Its totally possible you are just burned out and need to focus on other things right now. Come back in 3 months and see how you feel about it.

Unjokingly blaming it for a serious condition is not cool, bro.

I should have phrased it better. I knew it would bite me to use the first words that came to mind, instead of waiting a half-hour for my brain to catch up. But if he wanted to not acknowledge any advice given and just do his own thing, he could have just quietly left. PM admins about the account, whatever. He's free to keep banging his head on the wall, but complaining about it won't get any sympathy from me.

I'm a tryhard casual at this game. My learning process is inefficient, and I often end up against players way more skilled and get mad. But getting beaten up has never been cooler. There was a time I got KOed by a Satchmo Solo... the Big Band played Megalovania. So that's why I enjoy this game.

Last edited: