• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

USA NorCal Location Survey (for future locals)

What location(s) would you be able to make it to for a Skullgirls monthly local?

• Total voters

PleasureCutWind

Nice And Pleasureful
Reaction score
Steam
NAP | PleasureThatCutsWind
Cerebella Eliza Big Band
Hey everyone. It's been a very long time since we had a good NorCal Skullgirls scene and I want to try to do something about it.

We've had some infrequent locals in the past months with low to moderate turnouts. Even so, I feel like there're more sg players out here somewhere. Maybe no one knows about these locals, no one could or wanted to make the trip, or people felt uncomfortable/shy going to one. I want to put an end to all these possibilities because I'm selfish and want to make a healthy scene near me. Playing and teaching Skullgirls in NorCal would be amazing, especially with DBFZ coming soon to strengthen the fgc.

That being said, nothing is going to happen any time soon because there are a few things we need to work out:

1) Location: what city and venue would work the best; there's a venue in Campbell near San Jose that we currently use
2) Frequency: how often we can do a local, and how consistently it can occur; most likely we'll be doing a monthly unless we have enough demand to make it biweekly.
3) Time: what day and time would work best for most people; in the past it's been held Saturday nights, but maybe Fridays or Sundays would work better for some people.

As of now, a location is what we need to even start thinking about this (and to also see how many people are interested). If you're in NorCal and would even consider coming to a local, what city would be best for you?

Please share your thoughts on this thread and we can figure something out. Thank you.

The problem lies that most of the SG scene up here is spread out. You got some in south bay, some in Sacramento, and some in between. Also I would like to add to the list Oakland, whenever they do that Esports Arena thing that opens up as another possibility. I think ideally Monthlies fits us all the better. We just need it be consistent with the people that show up. Maybe having money incentives would help bring in all of NorCal SG. As far as what days would fit best, weekends are your best bet. Or Friday nights.

Personally I'm able to get anywhere regardless of how far I have to go. But I think in the interest of snowballing locals into a steady attendance I've seen more steady success from stuff in South Bay so that's probably the best place to start. It might also be good to get a hold of dolfy and see what his input might be on trying to run stuff in this region.

i have a few friends who are interested in skullgirls in the sacramento area but im not sure how frequently we can come if there is a local. i potentially could help set up a venue in sacramento but i should mention most of my friends are very very new. if you need any help or advice just lemme know, id be more than happy to help ♥♥

I'm going to be narrowing down the choices at the end of the week. Most likely, it's going to be between Sacramento and Campbell (our current venue). It would be really convenient to keep our venue, especially since we have a good relationship with the owner, they have setups for us already, and the venue fee is just $5. Our Modesto friends are actually closer to Campbell than Sacramento, but driving to Sacramento is a lot easier for them (even if it takes a little longer). If we do happen to choose Sac, it will be a lot harder to work things out. That being said, if a majority of us can't make it to Campbell, then it will be better to figure something out in Sac.

I'm going to be narrowing down the choices at the end of the week. Most likely, it's going to be between Sacramento and Campbell (our current venue). It would be really convenient to keep our venue, especially since we have a good relationship with the owner, they have setups for us already, and the venue fee is just $5. Our Modesto friends are actually closer to Campbell than Sacramento, but driving to Sacramento is a lot easier for them (even if it takes a little longer). If we do happen to choose Sac, it will be a lot harder to work things out. That being said, if a majority of us can't make it to Campbell, then it will be better to figure something out in Sac.

I know the guy who holds tournaments all the time in Sac. I can get in contact with him for possibly setting something up.