• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

NoSound Gaming SkullGirls May Cup [EU]

Scheduled Start: 5:00 PM
- Which timezone?

• All participants must join our steam group chat for the duration of the tournament ! this is mandatory !!!.
- What steam group chat where? A link may help!

European Players only
- What about connection mishaps? I mean Europe OK, but I can be located in Europe and have 200ms anyway. Is anything done about that?

leave a comment bellow !
- below; no space prior to the exclamation mark :-P

Is it possible to sign up for the tournament and leave again later?
As in, maybe I would like to join so I would sign up now, but what if then on the 30th I learn that I am actually otherwise occupied. Can I just unsign?

Why does this have such low traction? It's a monthly tournament *with prizes*(!), yet has less than half the entrants of the weekly SBats EU (well and it only allows 16 players, which I don't necessarily understand).
I remember hearing about this at some point, but then it kinda disappeared from my mind again. Who is organizing these tournaments? Can one talk to them directly somewhere somehow? They seem disconnected from the rest of the community, which is a bit of a shame in my book
Would be cool if one could mangle some of the rules in here and eg make it so every 4th week SBats EU doesn't happen and the community joins this thing instead, but I have no idea who to contact for something like that.

Thanks for running this! It does look quite nice..

Why does this have such low traction? It's a monthly tournament *with prizes*(!), yet has less than half the entrants of the weekly SBats EU (well and it only allows 16 players, which I don't necessarily understand).

When I tried getting others to join, it mostly just came from people not being sure it was legit or not since it mostly didn't have recognizeable names attached to it, and not much else advertising to the community (aside from the recent threads). Not EU so I can't plug much, but by all means join if you have the time since they won't bite.

Scheduled Start: 5:00 PM
- Which timezone?

The time gets updated with your timezone when you are registered on the website, iirc.
It's 3PM (NL here, GMT+2).

• All participants must join our steam group chat for the duration of the tournament ! this is mandatory !!!.
- What steam group chat where? A link may help!

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/NoSoundGamingOfficial

Is it possible to sign up for the tournament and leave again later?
As in, maybe I would like to join so I would sign up now, but what if then on the 30th I learn that I am actually otherwise occupied. Can I just unsign?

Iirc, yes.
You can access the player list and join/leave as you wish (does not seem to take effect immediatly though. Maybe has to be approved)

I remember hearing about this at some point, but then it kinda disappeared from my mind again. Who is organizing these tournaments? Can one talk to them directly somewhere somehow? They seem disconnected from the rest of the community, which is a bit of a shame in my book
Would be cool if one could mangle some of the rules in here and eg make it so every 4th week SBats EU doesn't happen and the community joins this thing instead, but I have no idea who to contact for something like that.

@Muro and I can approve the legitness of this, especially since Muro won the 1st one and got the prize.
No idea why this does not get more attention though. I remember linking this on the skullbats steam chat after doing it, because it was legit.
Probably not enough communication, I can't see why people would not join this (free money).
I'm all for seeing a more "grouped" EU community, and I think that's a good idea, Isa.
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197981477843
This person is probably who you want to talk to about this.
Already discussed some of the "unclear" rules problem on this thread: http://skullgirls.com/forums/index.php?threads/nosound-gaming-monthly-mini-3.6864/

Reactions: IsaVulpes
@Muro and I can approve the legitness of this, especially since Muro won the 1st one and got the prize.
Yup, I can confirm this is legit and everything.

i have been hosting these kind of tournaments since 2008 and they are legit.

you can talk to anyone on our community trough the steam group or at www.nosoundgaming.org

why wont we get much players ? well i am bad at advertising and i am new to hosting tourneys to this game.
we mostly host EU tournaments but we have done few tournaments for others as well if there is enough people asking for it, we can host up to 64 player tournaments if there is enough players, the reason this one is 16 players only is.. well because i am not confident we get even that much players, i can change the player limit on the fly if there is more than 16 willing to join up.

also about the connection issues, well its online tournament if someone has bad connection it is a bad connection you must be realistic about that, there is absolutely nothing i can do to solve that issue unless its completely unplayable with some certain player.. then we can think about a DQ but usually if its just a slight lag we let the guys play, its online... you will not get a offline quality connection.

H4EUTBb.png
http://www.twitch.tv/nulleeet

That was really fun, thanks for running this tournament! I need to go and watch the stream archive so I can see what Fenster said when I was playing in the finals. The first commentator is Nulleeet (one of the NoSound Gaming organisers who doesn't play SG), and Fenster jumps in as a second commentator after a while:

http://www.twitch.tv/nulleeet/v/5651797

Last edited:
I think I was too busy fangasming over the solo pick to say anything insightful about the matches, lol, that level 3!

I mirrored the finals on Youtube so they'll still exist when the Twitch VOD goes down:

I switch my team at 6:20, if anyone's interested in the thing that fenster said in the post above this one.