• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Canada [Nov 7-9, Calgary ,AB] Canada Cup 2014 interest thread.

Evilweevle

Of course i meant to do that!
Reaction score
PSN
Mrfossy
XBL
Mrfossy
Ms. Fortune Cerebella Squigly
So, Canada Cup 2014 is around the corner, and i was wondering if any skullgirls players were gonna be making the trip to Calgary for one/all of the days?

Skullgirls isnt one of the official games, but no reason we couldnt have our own side tourney/casual set ups etc etc.

Anyone thinking of coming down?

The tournament may as well be in my backyard. It would be a crime for me not to go.

Reactions: Evilweevle
also here is the reg page for the tourney plus games.

its basically half price right now until some time in sept

http://canada-cup.ca/canada-cup-2014/

if anyone was able to bring a setup too that would be awesome.
I have both a PS3 and a 360, although i would likely bring the ps3 unless the problems with xbox version get fixed. i dont have a monitor currently but ill probs get one since i dont count on there being any spares i could use.

I thought I'd check in with this thread if only to know if I can play some casuals, because judging by the interest generated a side event isn't going to happen.

In the event we magically find SG players, I have the ability to bring a console but I don't think it will do much good as I don't have a monitor and am not at liberty to just buy one.

Last edited:
perhaps i can talk to one of our guys may be able to loan a monitor for the weekend. i think chances are probs slim though since they will likely be short of monitors as it is to run all the other tournies.

isnt there a dude you played with in edmonton a few times? i know of like 2 guys who casually play in calgary.

Yeah, that would be @Goodbye18000

Though I recall from the general Alberta thread that he has difficulties making it down here. I also suspect that it's not a fulfilling use of his time to make it down just for SG casuals, especially at the skill level he sits at. But he'll have to speak for himself on that.

As for the setup issue, I could just bite the bullet and buy one if it's absolutely necessary. But I suppose that conversation can wait until a little further down the line when we have more information.

Also do we need to contact the organizers of Canada cup for running casuals? I've never been to a major before so I'm pretty ignorant to the details.

ill talk to the guys about having a casual setup somewhere but i dont think it will be an issue. i see them all on a regular basis and they all know skullgirls is the only game i give a damn about so i think they will be cool. we probs wont be the only ones with casual setups either.

if my laptop would play the game that would be a lot easier. unfortunately though its a piece of crap.

Well, tournament is 1 month away. Thought I'd see if there's any unexpected developments. AKA, should I bring a setup or not?

Well, tournament is 1 month away. Thought I'd see if there's any unexpected developments. AKA, should I bring a setup or not?

no unexpected developments no, so any skullgirls going on will be limted to casuals unless we get enough entrants on the day to run a small tourney.

there will be room for BYOC though so yay for that.
i am unable to supply a monitor to use myself so if you did have a setup you could bring that would be awesome. i can supply a console (both ps3 and xbox) if you dont wanna bring all the gear yourself. xbox would be better since i have a load of other FGs on it too.

sorry i didnt reply sooner i havent been keeping an eye on the thread tbh.

I apologize Skullgirls didn't happen.
Couldn't bring my own setup with that short notice. And I didn't see any Skullgirls happening when I was at the venue. But, I probably should have been more proactive and attempted to turn one of the other casual setups into Skullgirls.

damn that sucks. i did have skullgirls going on for like an hour on the friday but after that it was difficult to get a monitor that was free. there was one other dude who said he play if one was set up but he disappeared for most of the day and i figured that you werent there since there was no reply to my above post.

There was such a long period of no activity that I forgot to check this thread.
It sucks that this is the second time opportunity has slipped by. But if you don't feel like letting that discourage you, let me know next time something happens at Dickens or something. Maybe we can actually do things at a smaller event. Canada Cup did get pretty busy with all the other games.

i think the next event that is gonna be happening is the masters series in january. although i have actually no clue if theres gonna be other tournies ran/byoc at that one. ill have to talk to somme of the guys and find out some details.

yea sorry i didnt keep stuff up to date on here either, like you said theres not much activity going on really.