• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

[Oct 10, 2015] Slam Jam Monthly #4 W/ UMVC3 (Kinnelon, New Jersey)

keninblack

NJ/VA
Reaction score
Steam
keninblack3s
PSN
keninblack
Peacock Robo Fortune Double
<<<PLEASE RSVP ON FACEBOOK>>>

Come celebrate October-Fist with our Slam Jam Monthly #4 com'n up in October, so come out and support the only SGE Monthly in the region built for you in mind!

We will, as always, be serving ice cold Kool-Aid Jammers all night!

Skullgirls Encore will be accompanied by another game each month. This months side game is -
Ult Marvel v Capcom 3

Sponsored by INFLICT! FGC, Kick-Punch-Block
& Hosted by Hitbox Arena

Pot-Bonus Schedule for this event (per Bracket):
over 20 entrants - $25
over 30 enrtrants - $50
over 40 entrants - $75
over 50 entrants - $100

AND TO THE SGE CHAMP...A FULL BOX OF KOOL-AID JAMMERS OF HIS CHOICE!!!

This is the time to come out and show your support for this hype multi-game mash-up event.

1:00pm Doors Open
2:00pm - UMvC3
4:00pm - Skullgirls Encore
6:00pm - SGE Crew Battles

SKULLGIRL PLAYERS:
-Please bring your PS3 consoles with updated DLC.
-We will provide our killer Asus 1ms Monitors and HDMI cables

UMvC3 PLAYERS:
-We have 4 full UMvC3 Setups with 1ms Asus mon, but you are welcome to bring your own as well. thx

Event Fees:
$10 - Venue fee (includes casuals/friendlies)
$10 - Entry fee per bracket

Come enjoy tons of set-ups, great food options, amazing competiton and the best venue hospitality around.

COMING FROM NY?

Hitbox Arena is also accessible by bus from the NY Port Authority. Please follow the link below to the NJ Transit Bus Schedule -
http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/bus/T0194.pdf
(last event starts @ 6:00pm and the last Bus back to NYC is 10:15 - that's plenty of time!

Venue Location:
Hitbox Arena
25 Kinnelon Rd
Kinnelon NJ 07405
201-704-3802

Here's some important links:

Follow us @
www.twitch.tv/hitboxarena
www.twitch.tv/kpblive

Like us @
www.facebook.com/hitboxarena
www.facebook.com/kick-punch-block

Follow us @
www.twitter.com/hitboxarena
www.twitter.com/KickPunchBlock

Visit us @
www.hitboxarena.com
www.k-p-b.com

Join our INFLICT! Facebook Group here -
https://www.facebook.com/groups/njfgc/

Please call or text 201-704-3802 for additonal info!
Thanks, HBA Johnny & the KPB Crew

<<<PLEASE RSVP ON FACEBOOK>>>

Last edited:
Sorry but I'm gonna predict that I'm gonna be burnt out by the time this rolls around, it would be the 4th tournament in a row for me, and Hitbox ain't exactly a short drive. Hopefully NE can make it down without me, I mean they didn't last time but I know other people here have cars.

So I really want to attend this event but, according to NJ transit, I have to take this kind of ridiculous path to get there. I'm in North Bergen, NJ but according to their website I have to first take a bus going into NYC and then from there take a bus to the event. It would also be the same way back which would limit the time I'm there. I'm willing to do this but I just wanted to see if anyone in the community might be willing to give me a ride. I'll definitely pitch in for gas and I promise I don't smell :P

You live about a half hour from me but a little out of the way. If there's room in my car I can always swing by and just pick you up, granted my car isn't already full. No promises, given how many people need a ride, but I can see what I can do.

You live about a half hour from me but a little out of the way. If there's room in my car I can always swing by and just pick you up, granted my car isn't already full. No promises, given how many people need a ride, but I can see what I can do.

Hey thanks a bunch for keeping me in mind. If it helps and you can give me a ride, I could try to maybe take a bus to your place so you don't have to go so out of your way.

Where would be meeting at Newark?

Usually we all meet up in Newark Penn Station outside the taxi dropoff/pickup area. Noon sounds good to meet up.

Updated the OP for the October Slam Jam.

Guys PLEASE go to this, numbers haven't been that good lately we really need to support.

I should be able to make it to this one

i want to but we will see how likely it is, working out details atm

I don't use FB so I'll post here but I should be able to go assuming I can catch a ride. Woooo, potential EC hype!

Reactions: keninblack
Its this saturday guys, lets come out and plaaay <3

Reactions: ArkBat
Get hype guys seems like a lot of people are coming through <3

@ArkBat how ya getting there since Riz isn't going? :o

Get hype guys seems like a lot of people are coming through <3

@ArkBat how ya getting there since Riz isn't going? :o
Looks like I'll have to take the annoying bus ride there. But still it's worth it for the games tho

Reactions: keninblack
I apologize for heading off early, gang... my premature departure notwithstanding, yesterday was a blast. I may have missed all the cake, but at least we got a few new faces in the Arena & the stream itself was a blast! Good luck to everyone heading down to CEOtaku, too.

So are we going to have another local or are people just focusing on NEC for now?

Just waiting on a new date to promote, but the holiday season is usually tough to try to find weekends to post up. All the available weekends get majors n shit but yeah we'll see.

Reactions: ArkBat
I spoke to HitBox John about this almost immediately after the last Slam Jam & kenin's right: the holiday season wreaks havoc on the local scene. We came to the conclusion that it'll serve everyone better to hold off until January. Once 2016 gets rolling, business will pick back up.

Makes sense. I just was curious about how things were going. A bit disappointed as I won't be able to attend NEC but hey it just means I'm prepping for January now.

Definitely be cheering for the local players though on stream :)

Reactions: IAmAphroDynamek
Makes sense. I just was curious about how things were going. A bit disappointed as I won't be able to attend NEC but hey it just means I'm prepping for January now.

Definitely be cheering for the local players though on stream :)

You'll be there in spirit, little brother