• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

USA [Oct 19, 2013] Versus Mayhem Vol.9 Skullgirls Team Tournament! (Walnut, California)

Nekro_Surge

Reaction score
Unknown Parasoul Unknown
Versus Mayhem Vol.9 October 19th at Super Arcade Skullgirls Team Tournament!

Lets make more of an impact this time around guys! All So Cal players need to show up!
Its Marvel 3, SSF4, and Skullgirls team tournament. IEBattlegrounds Invited the SG community!

$10 Per Person
$30 Total Buy-In Per Team (10 Venue 20 to pot per team)
This is a Bring Your Own Controller event!

This will be a Team tournament 3v3.

Also, we need to choose teams!

Dont pass on this! Ill see you guys there!

Last edited:
Oh I thought this was next week?
Also, I pick Nekro and Mike to be on my team if it's 3.
We'd be unshtoppable D:

Reactions: Nekro_Surge
I'm in! Requested the day off if turtle tags along with me I'll need a third. Are we doing team names also?

Probably pokemon style. I hope it's not wasada or whatever. I predict alot of ocvs if it's pokemon style lol

AHHH! These are all so close yet so far away. ;-; *hopes one of them will be in downtown San Jose someday*

Reactions: musica
I'd go but I don't have a team and I'm afraid to get brutalized

team fresno will take this free. if we can make it. and find a 3rd player..... fuck this might be harder than i had originally anticipated

edit: just saw possibility of a 2v2 instead of 3v3. if that's the case then this will be free

Dude I still say go. We need people there to support our scene. With super arcades sf4 and umvc3 regulars there this one of the few opportunities to maybe get some new players. Besides depending on how teams work everyones going to work. If it's teams like negus and TooD vs Wing and Sev or something everyone else is irrelevant

I suggest making teams with a high level player and not so high level player lol. Its better this way to even out the field.

I suggest making teams with a high level player and not so high level player lol. Its better this way to even out the field.
@SendBroseidonRextoCali

You know I'm there. Lets do this thing!

I went to the last one because I needed to go to a tournament since unfortunately I have money and time for either Anime Expo or EVO, not both. I lost my first round, still fun to watch others.

Who wants me~~

Oh I guess there's time to form ragtag teams. In that case, I'd love to go for the learning experience if anyone wants to team up.

Im game to go hopefully i dont do as bad as last time. So anyone wanna team with me?

Are there any rules I have to know about? I've never gone to a tourney before, should I bring anything?

Yeah, so its $5 venue fee and $5 for SG. I'm guessing it will be be 3/5 like last time.
So start picking out teams! I personally think we should go with 2v2 just because we don't have many people. That would make more teams. But if we have more than 20 confirmed I like the 3v3.

New player/intermediate/expert or new or intermediate/expert.

Was just a suggestion. Guess we just team up with whoever then.

Who wants my Solo squig?

Anyone need a partner? :)

I kinda doubt mike would want to partner up with me so I'd pick mmds if it's 3v3 D:
or 2v2 if Nekro doesnt actually agree to be my partner lol
causeIdidn'tevenaskhimifheevenwantedtomanthatwassorudeofme

wETBEKu.png

Oh... I don't have a ps3 anything :p

The Valentrio. WingZero, ShinATproof and Nekro_Surge
That's a deadly combination, man o 3o

I'm sure the hosts have a spare stick or two to let you borrow

The Valentrio. WingZero, ShinATproof and Nekro_Surge

I saw this on twitter: "Team Winners Do Use Drugs"

Reactions: Nekro_Surge
They never use drugs with me :C

Reactions: keninblack
wETBEKu.png

We have plenty of sticks, if you dont have a ps3 one just ask to borrow one from us! :D

Okay cool I can borrow stuff! So that just leaves a team and djazure, sonicdrone, kidpanda and I think mmds don't have partners yet. Would any of you like to form a team with me?

I'm creepin' for a team too! imma be playing more often in the mornings since I can't sneak in after-hours skullgirls anymore unless I feel like playing high pings at this time -_-

Oh I thought because of the earlier post there was a possibility of you not going, sorry about that. We can partner up if you like to. Unless you want to test me first, I'm okay with that.

I think I know who you are, and if I'm right...

I DID BANG, I DID. <3

ya but youre a big homie we all know dat shit