• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

[Oct 23, 2015] [October 23rd] First 2 Burst! Skullgirls... (Independence, Missouri)

FuLLBLeeD

Pyoro Time
Reaction score
Steam
fullbleed
PSN
nFuLLBLeeD
Ms. Fortune Unknown Eliza
First 2 Burst is a local tournament for Guilty Gear and Skullgirls held at GameKatz in Independence, Missouri. This is a local tournament that I hope to make a recurring series. This event will be the "test run" to see what kind of numbers we can get, and from there hopefully I'll be able to figure what kind of schedule I'd like to run with these events (it won't be weekly, we're probably looking at once or twice a month). If you want to see Skullgirls/Guilty Gear locals in Kansas City, come out and support us!

As far as payout goes, the venue fee is $7, and I'm going to go ahead and set the entry fee at $5 per game. The Street Fighter weeklies at GameKatz have $3 entry (so with a $7 venue fee, it is $10 per player) but since these events aren't weekly, $3 seems kind of low. On the flip side, I want newer players to participate in these tournaments, so $10 seems like a bit much. $5 seems like the magic sweet spot. I'm more than willing to go up to $10 based on player feedback though.

Facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/1469041216736815/

Details: Your boy FuLLBLeeD and GameKatz proudly present Kansas City's local anime games tournament: FIRST 2 BURST, featuring Skullgirls: Encore and Guilty Gear Xrd!

This is a test run for interest in local tournaments for Skullgirls/Guilty Gear Xrd in the local community, if this even is a success, I'd like for these events to continue twice a month or more!

Games featured:
Skullgirls: Encore (PS3)
Guilty Gear Xrd (PS3)

ENTRY FEE: ENTRY: $5 per game
One time $7 venue fee

VENUE INFORMATION:

GameKatz
Website and more info: http://gamekatz.com/

Address: 2400 E R D Mize Rd, Independence, MO 64057

Phone: (816) 373-7529

Tournament Rules:
Double elimination.
2/3 standard tournament rules (becomes 3/5 in semi-finals and finals)
Loser may change characters, winner may only change assists (applies to Skullgirls only)

SETUP INFORMATION:
Playstation 3 will fully up to date version of either game and all DLC characters. Please bring a setup if you are able too, and please let us know if you are bringing a setup. Venue fee discounts WILL NOT be given for bringing setups, however we need them to run the tournament!

STREAM:
More details coming soon!