• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Over the Garden Wall

Ruin

Hopes & Dreams
Reaction score
PSN
MobileSuitGolurk
XBL
NNID: MobileSuitGolurk
Big Band Beowulf Big Band
tumblr_neub9h348u1ql5b0bo1_1280.png

So this is a cool miniseries made by Pat McHale about a couple of kids that get lost in the woods and you all ought to watch it or else you're nerds
also Christopher Lloyd is in it and it has a wicked cool atmosphere and animation and themes and shit
get on it, skullheart

Over_the_Garden_Wall_poster.jpg

So this is a cool miniseries made by Pat McHale about a couple of kids that get lost in the woods and you all ought to watch it or else you're nerds
Well fuck, you're not really giving me much of a choice here.

I'm actually really interested in this though, I've been seeing some stuff about it on Tumblr and it looks good.

Ditto. I thought it looked a little pretentious at first though.

Can confirm this having a beautiful ending, had me in tears.

Reactions: TailsWorld1
It's a bit heavy-handed at times, but the show's overall message and presentation is really good.
There's lot of little details and foreshadowing bits that make the show really cool to watch and watch a second time.

Motherfucking Elijah Wood is in this goddamn.

I recently marathoned all last night finished watching this show and oh my goodness it was amazing! Hearing and recognizing John Cleese, Tim Curry (!) and Christopher Lloyd (All prominent figures of my childhood) was THE BEST.

Just great seeing how Wirt and Gregs interactions changed and how they grew each episode.
Not to mention I really liked how each problem they faced was solved in an unexpected way (at least for me)

Also,
I was completely thrown off/surprised when I realized "Into the Unknown" was the flash back episode

Last edited: