• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Painwheel general discussion AKA GET OUT OF MY THREAD

Yeah man resets are good with any assist basically. Free left/rights and any assist is easy to convert off of from a reset fashion. The issue is converting "neutral" dp assists done as defense :)

But anyways :)

Good stuff, glad you like pw and are finding your own crossups and confirms and stuff, that's one of the funnest things about sg is creating stuff yourself.

As far as me gong back to pillar.. Haha, play some really good people then show me what your conversion rate at neutral is without putting yourself in harms way. If you can achieve a conversion rate around 80% or more in varying states, then I might actually think of switching. To this day though I've seen no pw that doesn't use BE have the conversion rate I get, save for taluda, and he can only get his easy conversion when calling fiber on the ground. If he's in the air he can't convert pretty much at all really :)

But lol I've had this convo before and I've yet to see anyone really make a dp assist work for pw the way they do for val... Save for... Me. Hahah :)

(but I have to use BB to get my neutral conversion rate which is something many players feel isn't worth it)

Anywho, you've got a great team man, have fun :)

-edit

That somehow came off snarky when I read It back... Didn't mean it to be. What I'm saying is "have fun" glad you like pillar. Noah likes it to and makes great use of it :)

Last edited:
Trying to make a team with Painwheel.

Ideas so far are PW/Parasoul(Pillar)/Bella(Copter) or PW/Para(H-Shot)/Band(beat extend)

yeah both are good options. i'd recommend using either M-Nail or L-Pinion dash as the PW assist for the first team, and H-Pinion for the 2nd

Probably known by a couple people but QCF QCB K + P is a stinger cancel.
If you have time to pump a QCF before all your flight inputs and then use a punch along with the kick, you'll get faster flight cancels so you get faster overheads.
It's really easy too.

The Stinger code is run, and then the Flight code runs after it since Stinger is before Flight, this makes the Flight a Stinger cancel even though it's the same frame.

This puts Painwheel's overhead speed 18F instead of 23F, and the flight is visually lower the ground too when canceled from Stinger.

The Stinger code is run, and then the Flight code runs after it since Stinger is before Flight, this makes the Flight a Stinger cancel even though it's the same frame.

I was super confused about this.

In the context of sHP x nail x flight jMK allowing for some old starters

You're getting nail cancel startup and the game "corrects" the nail input into flight and then you just have flight active without the normal 15f ground flight startup?

I was super confused about this.

In the context of sHP x nail x flight jMK allowing for some old starters

You're getting nail cancel startup and the game "corrects" the nail input into flight and then you just have flight active without the normal 15f ground flight startup?
Pretty much.
All the input code gets run in a single frame, and it has to go through Stinger check before it goes through Flight check, leading to a Stinger Flight cancel without ever starting Stinger.

I'm not sure if this happens in the beta build, but I'd like to call this into question. Mike Z, any thoughts?

Turn on slow motion and hitboxes.
I think Double and Eliza are falling in between the hits of Thresher.

Cffffure.PNG

As you can see here, there's an 11F gap in between the first and second hits.

Reactions: gllt and Krackatoa
You just need to delay the thresher a little more, should work. also, if you find a way to end in death crawl, it will give you more damage

Reactions: Krackatoa
Whats a good assist set up for PW/Fillia duo?

I started playing PW because Fly/Unfly is cool even when you drop a combo and get owned lol

What are you running with Fillia?

If you are running a reversal, you could do a lot worse than a lockdown/mix-up tool. Squigly 2hp, Bella copter, Eliza twirl, etc.

Right now I'm using PW-Pinion/Fillia-Updo but, I'm starting to wonder if Fillia-Hairball or c.mk would work better with PW in front.

I'm really not that good with Squigly/Bella/Eliza. I can also play Fukua okay I suppose so maybe drill?

Yeah, drill would work just fine. It is worth experimenting with in any case.