• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Painwheel help?

pwMaC84

Reaction score
PSN
MyleX_MaD
Painwheel
Hi Any-and-Everyone,
I've been playing Skullgirls since there were eight characters and I've been using Painwheel since I began, but I'm not really doing good with combos to this day. Does anyone know a button by button strategy guide I can refer to? Or, can I get some hints from?

Are you having difficulties performing combos ? Or you were just looking for more advanced combos to practice ? If that's the first case, feel free to ask about whatever you have trouble with.

On top of practicing combos, you should also try to reset your opponent to maintain your advantage. Painwheel can reset at basically any point during her combos and can be very effective in that aspect.

Here are some simple resets you can do :
  • throw or a delayed low hit after any light attack or after a restand

• s.mp, airgrab
  • c.mk/c.mp xx fly, j.lk (or s.hp xx fly, j.mk) to catch opponents holding down back during a ground chain
    (if you see that they are blocking high during ground chains, you can hold down+forward and press j.mk after the fly cancel to land without hitting and do a low or a throw. It is a bit slow but it can work)

• c.mk/c.mp, charged c.hp/hk for a high/low (admittedly a bit slow) mixup that beats some reversals.

• s.mp, j.mp, j.mk (whiff and land, you have to delay it against heavy characters or you'll hit them), then either low, throw or fly, j.mk
    (on filia/fukua, and I think sguigly, you end up crossing the opponent with the fly > j.mk which means they have to block high and the other way)
I hope that's helpful, too.

Last edited:
Reactions: pwMaC84