• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Painwheel vs Squiggly match-up

Colelegante

Medici Punisher
Reaction score
Steam
http://steamcommunity.com/id/colelegante/
Painwheel
So, I'm a solo Painwheel player and have lots of troubles dealing with this specific match-up.

-The j.Hp of Squiggly is probably her most annoying tool, because it always hits when I'm in flying mode.
-Is it posible to punish her dive kicks with s.Mp and hatred guard?
-Hurtboxes too weird...
-Leviathan too gentle...

Any tips?

So, I'm a solo Painwheel player and have lots of troubles dealing with this specific match-up.

-The j.Hp of Squiggly is probably her most annoying tool, because it always hits when I'm in flying mode.
-Is it posible to punish her dive kicks with s.Mp and hatred guard?
-Hurtboxes too weird...
-Leviathan too gentle...

Any tips?
Squigly's jHP is pretty annoying.
If Painwheel uses her own jHP at whatever distance, she can absorb one hit from Squigly's jHP and then cancel into Thresher Super.
The Thresher grabs onto Leviathan and pulls them in, and then you can combo from Thresher with flight cancel.

Other than that you can try and hug the ground a little bit more than usual, and also make sure to cancel your flight into unfly (P+P) to block her jHP in time.

-

You can punish her dive kicks with sMP and hatred guard, but it's usually better to use c[MP] charged.
That way even if cMP is blocked you have a lot of options to stay safe or apply pressure.

-

Hurtboxes are weird but you can practice those combos / conversions in training mode.
Everytime something drops in a real match take that into training mode and figure out how to make it consistent.

-

I don't know what this last point means.

Squigly's jHP is pretty annoying.
If Painwheel uses her own jHP at whatever distance, she can absorb one hit from Squigly's jHP and then cancel into Thresher Super.
The Thresher grabs onto Leviathan and pulls them in, and then you can combo from Thresher with flight cancel.

Other than that you can try and hug the ground a little bit more than usual, and also make sure to cancel your flight into unfly (P+P) to block her jHP in time.

-

You can punish her dive kicks with sMP and hatred guard, but it's usually better to use c[MP] charged.
That way even if cMP is blocked you have a lot of options to stay safe or apply pressure.

-

Hurtboxes are weird but you can practice those combos / conversions in training mode.
Everytime something drops in a real match take that into training mode and figure out how to make it consistent.

-

I don't know what this last point means.
Hey, that armor into super tip is pretty useful. Thanks

Reactions: skull person