• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt

MetroKoolAid

Do you even Squigly?
Reaction score
Steam
MetroKoolAid
Squigly Big Band
I'm surprised there wasn't a thread for this show already. Since Filia and Parasol have a palette of Scanty and Kneesock there has to be fans of this show here.

Oh my gosh, someone finally made a thread for this show.

This is my favorite comedy show of all time.

I sorta have a love/hate relationship with this show. There's things I really enjoy and things I kinda don't.

I sorta have a love/hate relationship with this show. There's things I really enjoy and things I kinda don't.
Same. At points it looks to me like it's trying to hard to look like South Park and Invader Zim (with the latter and Drawn Togheter inspiring PSG in the first place). When a show tries to look too much like another, as in doing almost the exact same things mostly without thinking, then I'd rather watch the series that is inspiring the other. I mean fuck there is literally an episode in PSG that is identical to "Zim eats waffles" speaking of execution, but even then the setting in both episodes is not exactly the same. In PSG the characters basically decide to do/talk about random stuff while the whole scene is looked at from a still "camera". In IZ, the whole episode is seen by a camera hidden by Dib and the sequence of events is caused by GIR acting random as usual because of being a faulty robot and Zim being in contrast with GIR. Both episodes don't look too different until you realise the details that are missing from PSG's (why the scene is seen like that, the usual/unusual behavior of Panty and Stocking compared to GIR), and at that point, at least for me, it looks like the creators either ran out of ideas or didn't have much of a clear guideline to make something different, IF they even wanted to make something different at that point. After all that episode was later on the series and all that.

I don't really have any beef with most of the other episodes but that's just me.

I love everyone so please don't take it personally your opinions are not going to change how i see you as human beings in real life please don't hurt me.

PSG is awesome. Too bad Season 2 probably isn't happening.

>probably

nah

Well in an interview, the guy who directed the show (now working at trigger) stated that they may try to get the rights to PSG back from gainax.

If production I.G. can get the rights to FLCL from gainax, then anything is possible

Reactions: Kongk4
I understand what you mean. One thing that comes to mind is the episode that takes place in little Tokyo. I didn't think that episode was very good. It had some good parts like the end and the beginning but everything in between seemed so bland.

Wasn't there some announcement of a season 2?

I don't see anything that isn't old or fake.

Closest are some teases from 2016, but nothing since then.

I remember there was. Wonder what happened to it.