• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Paranoia Agent

Gahooglydonks

daring baby
Reaction score
Steam
Gahooglydonks
Peacock Painwheel Filia
Hey there, have you guys heard of this show? It's GREAT.

If you haven't heard of Paranoia Agent, it's a short, 13-episode trippy anime that gets really weird and confusing, but also neat at the same time!

It may not be your cup of tea, but it was pretty interesting overall with its themes and whatnot.

pls discuss

Last edited:
It was certainly a thing that happened.

Very much a thing that happened.

The RPG episode with the pretend Lil' Slugger was the best thing ever.

Also, this show is severely underrated, a true cult classic.

It's still my favorite of Satoshi Kon's works, despite Paprika being one of my favorite anime movies ever. It has a certain uncomfortable atmosphere to it... made even more unnerving with the rather unique opening and ending animations.

I still don't quite understand the episode with the suicide club though, or why it ties in to the story of Li'l Slugger.

It was worth it for that scene of him running in fear of them.

Yeah that opening....seriously it is the among the "wtfs" ever. And yeah, I def gotta re-watch it again. Some episodes actually blew my mind, others I didn't understand. I like the ending of the anime better; kinda tells you why Lil' Slugger is important in a strange way.

I am horrified that someone would start a thread about this show and not include The Opening.

okay i did it

yeah you're right

Yeah that opening....seriously it is the among the "wtfs" ever. And yeah, I def gotta re-watch it again. Some episodes actually blew my mind, others I didn't understand. I like the ending of the anime better; kinda tells you why Lil' Slugger is important in a strange way.

oh and we should also talk about the things that didn't make sense

like why a condom machine in the 8th episode

and what actually happened to all the characters after they got rid of Lil' Slugger

I told myself I'd never watch anime again.
But this looks different from the others...
On a scale of 1-10 how well would you rate it? I wanna give it a go.

On a scale of 1-10 how well would you rate it? I wanna give it a go.

I'm not into the number rating thing, since it really all depends. Since it's on the short side, you may just wanna go through with it. It's also really confusing, but please don't look up episode explanations before you finish the series.

If weird and trippy tickle your pickle, go for it. The show does a good job of making you want to figure out what's going on and how it ends.

7-10

amazing, but it has timing issues