• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Patch Update: Autumn and Konami cease relations

Vadsamoht

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Steam
Vadsamoht
Ms. Fortune Robo Fortune
KonAut.png
Ravidrath recently updated the IndieGoGo page with news about the console patches and the issues they've been having with Konami. Fortunately, it looks like the main isses have been resolved but there are still things to be done before the patches can be released on consoles:

[prebreak]Read the update after the break...[/prebreak]
Hey, everyone - I just wanted to take a little of your time to update you on the status of the PS3 and Xbox 360 patches.

As it’s been alluded to in the past, things have not always been hunky-dory between Autumn Games and Konami. Around the time of the last update, it became clear that it would not be possible to proceed with the new patches as long as Konami was involved with Skullgirls.

So, as of today, Autumn and Konami have terminated their business relationship, allowing us to move forward with the PS3 and Xbox 360 patch in a more timely and cost-effective manner.

Testing on the patches is nearly complete, and we’re happy with how thorough our testing partner, Digital Hearts, have been in their review. But we’re still not out of the woods yet - before we can submit the patches to Sony and Microsoft for certification, the game needs to be transferred to a new publisher in their systems.

Autumn Games will be the new publisher of Skullgirls on PSN. We expect this transition to happen pretty quickly as Autumn Games has already taken the first steps to making it happen.

Since Microsoft doesn’t support purely digital publishers, Autumn is currently working with MarvelousAQL to secure a replacement XBLA publishing slot - this is an essential step, because without this Microsoft would simply delist the game from the Marketplace.

Because of the different levels of complexity with these transitions, the PS3 version of the patch should once again be out before the Xbox 360 release. But Xbox 360 owners shouldn’t worry - the delay between the two shouldn’t be anything like that with the previous patch, now that we have the format of the patching mastered.

Finally, since Konami was the distributor in the US and EU and not Japan, this shouldn’t have any profound effect on the release of the Japanese PS3 patch. However, before we can finalize the Japanese PS3 patch we need to get the US and EU patches completed. We’re working closely with our Japanese distributor, CyberFront, to make sure that all of the patches land as close to each other as possible.

So there you have it.

We apologize that these deep business dealings have come between you and the first character your collective efforts have funded, but we’re confident that subsequent patches will go more smoothly with this all of this behind us.

As always, thanks for your patience and understanding, and feel free to ask questions directly to indiegogo (at) labzerogames (dot) com.

Source, with Japanese-translated version: http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/keep-skullgirls-growing?c=activity

Last edited:
It's a little disturbing to read, but I hope for the best. I'm a bit concerned if this will affect the content of the game at all, but I know the art, music and gameplay will continue to be top-notch!

Reactions: Jake Was Here
It shouldn't affect the quality of the game. The only contribution Konami had was with certifying the game for release in the Xbox.

Well at least the problem is basically solved! Now the true waiting begins!

Well at least the problem is basically solved! Now the true waiting begins!

Not quite. We're still in the pre-wait since we have to wait for Autumn Games to be officially made the publisher. These bureaucracy stuff can take a week or two or more. Then we begin the real wait when it's finally submitted for Certification. Lets all pray that the patch gets a first time pass when this happens!

about time
zhJExs3.png

It's a little disturbing to read, but I hope for the best. I'm a bit concerned if this will affect the content of the game at all, but I know the art, music and gameplay will continue to be top-notch!
You should read up on everything that has happened to Skullgirls. Compared to that, this is great news!

I swear, one of these days I'll make a thread with every single thing Skullgirls has had to go through to get to where it is today. For perspective's sake.

Please explain how much this increases this increases the speed that Annie gets in.

Please explain how much this increases this increases the speed that Annie gets in.
Well, the faster this goes, the faster all the characters can be done, the faster SG2 can be worked on and the faster they can decide if Annie gets in.

Sound good?

Annie better "Not" be the only "one" getting major consideration to be added in game 2.
Regardless boy things are looking better all the time for this game.

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
Well at least things can run smoothly with the console patch, looking forward to get her on ps3.

I just can't wait for online training mode on ps3! Been trying to teach my best bud from where I used to live (6 hours away) this game and it's his first ever fighter pretty much. Having to deal with rounds and a timer makes it kind of frustrating :D

Wait, I thought Autumn games was a bad thing, though? Aren't they in some deep mess because of stolen money or some such? Aren't they the ORIGINAL reason skullgirls had problems?
Mind you I'm genuinely confused, I'm not trying to stir anything up. I just wanna know.
BUT
BUT
At least they don't have to deal with Konami anymore, so that's GREAT!

Wait, I thought Autumn games was a bad thing, though? Aren't they in some deep mess because of stolen money or some such? Aren't they the ORIGINAL reason skullgirls had problems?
Mind you I'm genuinely confused, I'm not trying to stir anything up. I just wanna know.
BUT
BUT

Lab Zero has a wonderful relationship with Autumn games, and more importantly Autumn games owns the trademark to Skullgirls. Also according to the FAQ, "Autumn Games won their lawsuit and are now counter-suing Konami for owed money."

BUT
BUT

It seems it was Konami that didn't pay the money they owed to those Def Jam guys and both companies got into trouble in effect.

Konami again. Hoo boy.

Reactions: Hyperaxe1
Hazaah, hope for those limited to consoles is on the horizon, like me!

Looking forward to it