• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Patch Update: Big Band Beta Now Available!

Cellsai

BEEP BOOP BAN
Reaction score
Website
askminette.tumblr.com
Valentine Cerebella
As promised earlier, a new patch has dropped today and with it comes a (mostly) playable Big Band!
As usual, MikeZ has made a full patch list and it's included below. Please make sure to read it before trying out Big Band as it contains his move list and advice on how to avoid crashes.

It's also worth noting that there's a handful of new palettes available in this patch too. Ms Fortune, Parasoul and Valentine all get new colors which are based on Marvel Comic's She-Hulk, Gundam's Char and Blazblue's Nu-13 respectively.

[prebreak]Check out the full patch notes below.[/prebreak]
rush-punch.gif
General
- Fixed win count in Lobbies and elsewhere. Whoops.
- Squigly can no longer combo cr.HP -> Lv2 Stancel -> cr.HP, and all hits of cr.HP have pushback in the corner. She can still combo cr.HP -> Lv1 Stancel -> cr.LK, but it is now a tighter link.

Experiment
- 240 Undizzy, and it counts down faster (-8 per frame, was -6 before, is -3 in the Real Game). I feel like this might be The One.

What You're Really Here For
BIG BAND!
- He has no movelist. Opening the "Current Character" movelist while playing as him will crash the game. So, do not do that. (^.^)
- He is incomplete...his snapback and various air attacks do not hit yet / he only has one super / he does not have tag-in / s.MP is missing his horn / etc. These are not bugs. :^)
- There may be flickering while playing as him, because he has big art and he cannot lie. This is completely normal, I mean it's not NORMAL but you don't have to tell me it happens. Yeah.

Big Band's Move List With Pages Missing
Specials:
Brass Knuckles - (C)B,F+P / [4],6+P / (charge):B::F:+:P:
Beat Extend - QCB+P -> B-F-B-F.... / 214+P, 464646..... / :QCB:+:P: -> :B::F::B::F:...
Giant Step - QCT+K / 236+K / :QCF:+
k.png

Cymbal Clash - j.QCB+K / air 214+K / j.:QCB:+
k.png

Taunt:
Bagpipe Blues - D,D+KK / 2,2+KK / :D:,:D:+:KK: This motion is temporary.

Super:
Super Sonic Jazz - QCT+PP / 236+PP / :QCF:+:PP: Powered up after Bagpipe Blues

Last edited:
QCT+PP / 236+PP / :QCF:+:KK: Powered up after Bagpipe Blues

This conflicting information

QCT+PP / 236+PP / :QCF:+:KK: Powered up after Bagpipe Blues
This conflicting information
Man, that whole box was a mess of wrong inputs. They're all fixed now.

I like BB so far. Feels straightforward and very powerful just like Q did. But I believe he needs quite a damage nerf because you can get a 6000 combo with ABC > Special > Super and 7300 if it's a powered up super.

Oh my gosh, Big Band is even more fun than I had hoped, and he's not even finished! That dash-punch was so fun, and it had such a feeling of weight and power to it as I plowed through a Peacock Bullet Hell! I eagerly await the next additions to this amazing character.

Edit: Also, nice .gif :)

Reactions: Cybermanworf
Big Band is pretty fun. Can't wait until he is finished with his parries and VA added.

[snip]

I'll point out that damage is heightened in 3v3 so it really doesnt count in the "Over 9000" video. :P

Oh man, Big Band is cool. I can't wait until he's complete, but it's gonna be fun to watch him progress.

that special gets scaled alot, Hopefully i can use that taunt as an assist to boos Big Band's super when he gets tagged in

Man, Big Band is sick. I know he's still got a ways to go, but I'm already seriously thinking about maining him. I love how he just crashes right through projectiles.

You gotta get out a full taunt first. Right now the taunt is hold two kicks for about 3 seconds and release.

You gotta get out a full taunt first. Right now the taunt is hold two kicks for about 3 seconds and release.

Do you mean you have to taunt first and then when you tension it will do it? Or do you have to taunt during the combo?

You have to taunt first, then the next time you do the super he'll let loose his fists of fury.

Reactions: GhostTear