• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

PS3 Playstation 3 Danisen League

keninblack

NJ/VA
Reaction score
Steam
keninblack3s
PSN
keninblack
Parasoul Double Painwheel
danisenlol.png

SKULLGIRLS DANISEN LEAGUE
Link to PC League
Xbox Players: Speak up if you want one.

Rules:
Format:
-This is a point based ranking system that is very popular in Japan and I feel like trying to attempt it in the SGC to try to build a consistent way to play and practice the game, ALL while having a competitive and fun drive for it.
-Everyone who registers starts at 1st Dan. We will have 15 total rankings that may or may not be added on over time.

The rankings are...
1st Dan
2nd Dan
3rd Dan
4th Dan
5th Dan
6th Dan
7th Dan
8th Dan
9th Dan
10th Dan
Strong
Veterean
Champion
Coach
Leader

-For every Dan you will start at 0. Every win is +1, every loss is -1.
-Dan's 1-10 require you to get to +3 before being promoted to next Dan. Reaching a score of -3 will have you DEMOTED a rank. Unless you're in 1st Dan which will just lower your score more.
EX: Mr.Mister is in Dan 3 and he has -2 and loses to Ms.Missy, so now he has 0 points and is demoted to 2nd Dan.

-You only can play people in your same rank.
-Once you pass 10th Dan you are now in the special ranks. Which are basically the same, except to go up in a rank from Strong-Leader you need to be at +5. HOWEVER, -3 still has you demoted. So play harder.
-----
Rules:
-USA/Canada/Mexico only. Please don't have fisher price internet if possible. EUROPE AND OTHER COUNTRIES BY ALL MEANS RUN A LEAGUE FOR YOURSELVES. That would be wonderful!

-EVERY match for a point will be 2/3, tournament style.

-When a match is over one of the players (preferably the winner) reports who won. Obviously I trust you all but if any foul calls are made or any shenanigans you will be banned from entering any Danisen League, so be honest. Its easy.

-Its your responsibility to contact people for playing in a point/Danisen match. The good thing is if you are constantly busy or have to worry about work/school. No worries, its not going anywhere. So go at your own pace.

-Both players need to be in an agreement that the set is FOR a point and IS Danisen. Please avoid miscommunication, though don't be a pull the "I didn't know" option select when you clearly did. Makes you look bad.

-Manipulating/cheating the system by playing the same person 3 times in a row to "get easy points" is frowned upon and not tolerated. If you need to play someone twice or something during a rank due to availability thats fine, but I will clearly be able to tell if you are just trying to vulture off of one individual person over and over again. So please just do what you're supposed to do and play as many different people as you can.

-CHARACTER LOCK. Assists can only be changed on a LOSS. So if you lose game 2 and it goes to game 3 and you want to run Hairball instead of Updo. You can. If you see someone change character verify proof or something and we'll work it out. Play fair though guys. No shenanigans.

-You can enter multiple times with multiple teams/characters/assists if you wish. Here are the guidelines and the breakdown for that...
I enter the league with Filia/Cerbella/Peacock, that is my FIRST team. Over time I want to enter with Valentine/Parasoul/Ms Fortune. You have to do one of two things.

' Reach 5th Dan, or just erase it from record entirely. Having your new team start at 1st Dan. Thats how that works.

Want to enter a 3rd team? 4th team? Same guidelines apply, all previous teams have to either be past 5th dan or be eradicated from the list. Don't want 7-8 keninblack teams in Dan 1. Its obnoxious.

Danisen League Rankings:
1st Dan:
Sabaku45dahaka (0) :SQG::PAR::BIG:
FASTERLANED (-1) :PAI:
dekillsage (+1) :FOR::SQG::PAR:
ShakeyFingers (-1) :FOR::PAI::CER:
zidiane5 (-1) :CER:
Luxadesax18 (0) :PAR::FIL::DUB:
CloudKing211 (+2) :VAL::ELI::DUB:
Bit_Strife (0) :VAL::SQG::CER:
Cybersaiko1 (0) :VAL::FIL::DUB:
Xephyr (0) :PAR::FIL::ELI:
Overlord_Haze (0) :PEA::BIG:
Waasiq (0) :PEA::FUK::CER:
droopyturtle9 (-3) :PAI::PAR:
crond1zzle (0) :ELI::PAR::CER:
Ipals_Shaolin (-3) :FIL:
ninja-nutria (0) :PEA:
IceMateria (0) :FUK::VAL:
PMEmmanuel (0) :FOR:
Kongk4 (-1) :FUK::BIG::CER:
xtrainedbydeath (-1) :DUB::PAR::CER:
BizCasual (-1) :PAR::ELI::DUB:
josshu (-1) :ELI::PEA::CER:
MGSArturo17 (-1) :PAI::BIG:
tyranolyme (0) :VAL::BIG:
cranberrychan (0) :PAI::PAR:
keninblack (0) :PAR::PAI::CER:
saucefonda (0) :ELI::DUB:
Gurrens- (0) :VAL::FUK:
ink_deer (0) :SQG::PAR::DUB:
Claire_Vanilla (0) :ELI::FUK:
jeffnevins (0) :FUK::FOR::BIG:
JFosh (0) :PAR::CER:

----------
2nd Dan:
Sonicfox5000 (0) :FUK::ELI:
Dolfinh (+1) :FOR::SQG::DUB:
lawnba (-1) :PAR::CER::DUB:

3rd Dan:

4th Dan:

5th Dan:

6th Dan:

7th Dan:

8th Dan:

9th Dan:

10th Dan:

Strong:

Veteran:

Champion:

Coach:

Leader:

How to Register-
Steam ID:
Character(s):
How to Report a match- big, colorful text
5th Dan Match: SkullyMcBones beats ScarySpookySkeletons 2-1
Now to make this work we need as many people as possible so tell everyone and lets make this happen! Feel free to ask any questions at all and i'll answer asap <3

Last edited:
um i can do this right?

Anybody can. Its completely open to anybody and everybody. Just register with the form in the post!!

I have a question about the correlation between points gained and ranks.

If a Coach beats five 1st Dans does that mean they get promoted to Leader? If so, shouldn't the point system be changed a bit to encourage people to play others around their rank? Perhaps something like:

Same Rank - 1 Point Gained
One Rank Difference - 0.5 Points Gained
Two Rank Difference - 0.25 Points Gained
Three+ Rank Difference - 0.125 Points Gained

I also have a question about characters and teams. This bit has me confused a little:

"You can enter multiple times with multiple teams/characters/assists if you wish. Here are the guidelines and the breakdown for that...
I enter the league with Filia/Cerbella/Peacock, that is my FIRST team. Over time I want to enter with Valentine/Parasoul/Ms Fortune. You have to do one of two things.

' Reach 8th Dan, or just erase it from record entirely. Having your new team start at 1st Dan. Thats how that works."

Why is someone allowed to switch their team at such an arbitrary rank? I would make more sense if the ranks were tied to the characters, rather than the player. If I play Fukua and Squigly to 5th Dan and feel like playing a new team, perhaps Fukua and Squigly can remain at 5th Dan and I can play Parasoul and Cerabella together and start them off at 1st Dan. If I ever feel like going back to Fukua and Squigly, I can just play those two again and rank them up from where I left off. This would encourage some folks to want to rank up all their characters, and as a result make the league feel less stagnant over time.

These are the only questions/suggestions I have. Overall I like the idea!

can i enter

i mean
is it even allowed

Anybody can. Its completely open to anybody and everybody. Just register with the form in the post!!

I have a question about the correlation between points gained and ranks.

If a Coach beats five 1st Dans does that mean they get promoted to Leader? If so, shouldn't the point system be changed a bit to encourage people to play others around their rank? Perhaps something like:

Same Rank - 1 Point Gained
One Rank Difference - 0.5 Points Gained
Two Rank Difference - 0.25 Points Gained
Three+ Rank Difference - 0.125 Points Gained

I also have a question about characters and teams. This bit has me confused a little:

"You can enter multiple times with multiple teams/characters/assists if you wish. Here are the guidelines and the breakdown for that...

' Reach 8th Dan, or just erase it from record entirely. Having your new team start at 1st Dan. Thats how that works."

Why is someone allowed to switch their team at such an arbitrary rank? I would make more sense if the ranks were tied to the characters, rather than the player. If I play Fukua and Squigly to 5th Dan and feel like playing a new team, perhaps Fukua and Squigly can remain at 5th Dan and I can play Parasoul and Cerabella together and start them off at 1st Dan. If I ever feel like going back to Fukua and Squigly, I can just play those two again and rank them up from where I left off. This would encourage some folks to want to rank up all their characters, and as a result make the league feel less stagnant over time.

These are the only questions/suggestions I have. Overall I like the idea!

You can only plan someone in the same Dan as you thats the whole point. I'll make that more clear my fault.

Well 8 is a good halfway point. Otherwise we keep teams too clumped together all by the same person it'd get cluttered.

So how do I register and what action do I take afterwards?

It says in the post look and register.

We just wait until we have a good amount of players and than you just challenge each other, and post in this thread the results of matches and YEAH

I suck ass, but I'll try it out!
FASTERLANED
Painwheel

add me
psn dekillsage
fortune/squigly/parasoul

PSN: lawnba

team: Parasoul/Cerebella/Double

I'd have to win at least 21 sets (assuming I don't lose any) before being able to play another team (unless I don't care about progress). That's kinda a lot, I think.

We can only play people in the same rank? So, if I'm in a rank all by myself, I can't play nobody?

I'd have to win at least 21 sets (assuming I don't lose any) before being able to play another team (unless I don't care about progress). That's kinda a lot, I think.

We can only play people in the same rank? So, if I'm in a rank all by myself, I can't play nobody?

I'm up for an agreement... 5th Dan work???

Yes, you have to wait for people in the same rank.

5th Dan sounds pretty good.

PSN: zidiane5
Team: Cerebella

PSN: Luxadesax18

Team: Parasoul, Filia, and Double.

You can add me if you want to.

Reactions: keninblack
Ayyy we out here.

You guys can play people whenever you want btw its all up to you, keep in mind though with Beowulf patch coming people might wanna change teams so be weary/ready to deal with switching teams maybe.

Ayyy we out here.

You guys can play people whenever you want btw its all up to you, keep in mind though with Beowulf patch coming people might wanna change teams so be weary/ready to deal with switching teams maybe.
so do we have enough people and is there a max to how many people can join?

You don't need enough people, and we have no limit. It just goes. It goes, and it goes.

Reactions: Lawnalog
Cybersaiko1 (PS3)
Val/Filia/Dubs

Do we challenge people here, or on PS3, or what?

can i go straight to leader

Xephyr

Parasoul/Filia/Eliza

My anus isn't prepared for the beating I'll be getting. Half of these people have all ready kicked my shit in.
Maybe Ken will set up a separate thread for issuing challenges themselves.

PSN: Overlord_Haze
Team: Peacock/Big Band

This is a great idea for keeping people involved! I may not ever make it out of 1st Dan, but hey, the game is fun.

I wanna sign up!
PSN: Waasiq
Team: Peacock/Fukua/Cerebella

What's the point of character lock, exactly? I guess that's how it might work in Danisen leagues in Japan but if the point is a 'consistent way to play and practice' why would you lock people out of practicing standard tourney rules. Maybe I'm wrong, but character lock definitely seems more appropriate for best of 1 matches and knowing Japanese FGC, probably happens in at least some Danisen leagues. And SG is way more balanced than most other fighting games, so while counter picks exist it's not as big of a problem as it might be elsewhere. I think maybe character locking someone for just the first match would at least be somewhat better (though that's still silly to me, no SG tourney does this).

The only reason I can really think of in favor of character lock is if people need to make multiple entries to play multiple teams, it increases overall players. It'd easier to find someone in your Dan to fight. If that's really the goal, you could always decrease the amount of ranks. Is there a specific reason that it's 10 Dan ranks, or is that just a hold over from the standard system? Like if PC has 60 active players in the league and PSN has 30, does it really make sense for them both to have the same exact amount of ranks? Those are just example numbers, but I really do think the system should be representative of the playerbase.

Regardless of anything like that, thanks so much for starting something like this. I need to start grinding this game again, and I hope this takes off.

Sign me up
Painwheel/parasoul
Psn:droopyturtle9

Challenge here, or you can use the PSN matchmaking thread and go "who wants to play a danisen match?" this thread can be used for it though. Contact players in whichever way you like really.

can i go straight to leader
Nope ;P

@xaqwais

To be honest, I'm just doing it since for the start, I want to emulate how an actual Danisen league works (for the most part) if it comes up enough and people really hate character lock. We can make it change, I just feel like its more fair. A lot of up and coming players really only have one team/character they're comfortable with, so all non character lock would be doing is helping players who are already strong anyway. But we'll see, i'm open to change based on the flexibility of what the community wants. Its staying as is though for now.

Reactions: Waasiq
@xaqwais

The point of Danisen is to practice and improve a single team, so being able to counter-pick by choosing another team would go against this.

Looking over the JP Danisen site, it seems that they allow you to change order and assist choice after a loss (no size change; you have to keep all characters). The rules already allow for assist swapping after loss, so order change could be discussed at some point. We don't need to follow everything they do though, and I'm in favor of seeing what happens with the rules currently in place.

They also stage lock to Under the Bridge, probably to avoid stage choices like Final Atrium and Gehenna. So there's that.

Im not busy btw if people are looking to play for rank <3 Just hit me up today or @ me on the twittaaa.

Im not busy btw if people are looking to play for rank <3 Just hit me up today or @ me on the twittaaa.
i could play