• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Playstation 4/Console Port Deadzone Revision

Triviality

Co Meme Lord of the 25 1/2 Century
Reaction score
Steam
Triviality
PSN
d1nonlytb
XBL
AXPVader
Peacock Robo Fortune Squigly
Hello, Triv here

So i've never been to a major until today, and everyone I played today on the console ports had brooks converters for sticks/gamepads, etc. I didn't wanna pioneer for this if I was really the only one suffering for it since my stubborn but wants to keep playing on 360 controller, but can the deadzones for Console ports be revised to be a bit larger?

I give you a very common situation of dropped inputs during sets

My analog stick on the 360 controller goes to 236 mp. This is to do Mbang with peacock, I do this on wakeup. However, when the analog stick flicks back from my input, the momentum carried from 6->5 actually sends the analog stick a litle into 4, and thus, the input is 2364 basically

Because 4 is the last input on the queue, I get M ITEM instead of M BANG. Or worse, I don't get my input at all because 3 didn't register or whatnot. I didn't understand just how different console ports are, but it isn't just input lag, specific motions that i'm familiar with, and to my knowledge, MANY players are familiar with, aren't coming out, it makes the competitive spirit of offline play kind of wack, cause you'll finish a sloppy set, and you'll just agree with your opponent how much your inputs you did just weren't working

would it be hard to change the deadzoen to be more uniform with PC ports? or is there an option perhaps I am not considering. Who knows if this thread will get momentum but it just felt pertinent to my experience competing so far here in CB

Reactions: Bbp and nope.avi