• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Previous Versions of Characters

Rynozilla

Guess what I'm watching
Reaction score
Website
steamcommunity.com
Steam
Rynozilla
Eliza Squigly Filia
There is a 99.99999% chance this won't ever happen, but it's a nice idea. Like in USFIV, you can play versions of characters from previous versions of the game, DLC character updates. Like Vanilla SG (v1.00), Squigly Update, BB Update, etc.
You can choose to turn off and on Version Choice in the lobby where the Lobby Name and other options are, so turning the option off will just play like lobbies now. Quick Match NEVER has Version Choice (of course).Training Mode, Arcade, Local Versus, and Story Mode allow you to choose the version of the character you'd like to play.

Reactions: d3v and Huesoman
The current engine is completely incompatible with any earlier built versions of characters, and we do not have the ability to rebuild from scratch any version of characters from before Encore (at the latest).

So, can't happen whether or not we wanted to.

Reactions: Flotilla
The current engine is completely incompatible with any earlier built versions of characters, and we do not have the ability to rebuild from scratch any version of characters from before Encore (at the latest).

Kinda saw this coming, aww. Though not like I was certainly expecting it to be possible, though I like the idea alone.

You can still play SDE on PS3, so that's something.. if you happen to have a PS3 with SDE installed (I don't think you can download it anymore).

You can still play SDE on PS3, so that's something.. if you happen to have a PS3 with SDE installed (I don't think you can download it anymore).
If you downloaded it before it got taken off the store, you can indeed download it off your download history and play it. Unluckily for me, my PS3 is broken.

You can still play SG 1.0 on XBox if you just don't have the correct Compatibility Pack, too.

I'm guessing there are no plans to support replays recorded in older versions of the game?

I'm guessing there are no plans to support replays recorded in older versions of the game?
No, for the same reason.
-or-
They're supported, you can play 'em. They just may not work right. :^P