• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

PS4 Qanba Q1 PS3 stick mapped wrong in Lab Zero driver - Any ideas why?

razorbeamz

Reaction score
Steam
RazorBeamz
PSN
RazorBeamzz
Unknown Big Band
I'm having an annoying issue with the Lab Zero PS3 stick driver on PS4 and I wonder if you have any insight on what's happening. My Qanba Q1 PS3 stick works fine, but the button mapping is all kinds of messed up. Control settings can fix the problem but it's still an annoying quirk because I have to reset it if anyone else is going to play. Any ideas what's happening? Same problem with Skullgirls, SFV and Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator.

The button mapping is correct when used on a PS3.

The button mappings are as follows:

square=circle
triangle=triangle
X=X
R1=L1
R2=L2

If you need any more information I'll be happy to privide it

Last edited:
Just means that your buttons are wired incorrectly.
If you open it up you should be able to move around the wires so that everything is set up the standard way.

Two wires connect to each button, and the wires reflect what input they respond to.

If you've had anyone work on it, they may have messed up rewiring it.
If you just got it then it may have be shipped like that?

That's all I can think of.
I messed me current controller up by rewiring a few buttons wrong giving me the same issue but it doesn't bother me much so I haven't fixed it yet.

The thing is, on a PS3 it is wired correctly. It's only incorrect when using it on my PS4. So basically, I have two options. Have it mapped wrong on PS3, or have it mapped wrong on PS4.

I guess I could install a switch and a tangled mess of wires to make it possible to go back and forth between two button configs, but that would just be obnoxious.

It's been almost a week with no responses. Should I have posted this in bug reports instead, since it straddles the line? I'm 99% certain it's a driver issue and not a hardware one.