• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

USA Quick Interest Poll on EVO Exhibition

WHAT YA LIKE?!

• Total voters

keninblack

NJ/VA
Reaction score
Steam
keninblack3s
PSN
keninblack
Parasoul Double Painwheel
Yeah okay WAAAH its early whatever.
I need to see what the people want, so this year, it will ACTUALLY happen. I will talk to the staff and make sure the event is apart of the overall tournament. The 10v10 could have been a beautiful thing but sadly did not happen, but regardless, whatever we choose. It WILL happen, I will make sure of it.So I want to run and organize ONE, really hype and dope exhibition for EVO2014. WHAT DO WE CHOOSE?

Here are the options.

A. EAST/MIDWEST VS WEST/SOUTH 10v10
We choose 10 of the best players and put them in 2 teams and we duke it out. This was last years plan, EXCEPT IT WILL GO DOWN THIS TIME.

B. EAST COAST VS WEST COAST 5v5
No midwest, no south, the East can't ride on Duckator, the West can't ride on TJ. Basically this is the option Negus wants. This WOULD be way easier to organize though and would force better player with only 10 total competitors.

C. EAST VS WEST VS MIDWEST VS SOUTH ROUND ROBIN 5v5
5 players rep each region. 20 players total, every team plays each other, 2 best teams play each other in the final match. This would be the hardest to run but would bring up the most possible play. With such a high level too, it would be cool to watch.

D. REP YOUR CHARACTER TEAM TOURNAMENT 3v3
Every character has a team of 3. Making it 9 teams total, but only the BEST with that character can be on that team. Best Parasouls v best Painwheels etc etc etc. Last year we had an issue finding a Double team since VERY few people main Double over another character. So it might run into some problems, but could be fun.

Last edited:
So wait, Option B excludes specific people?

It excludes Midwest and it excludes the South, so yes.

If the option ever gets implemented, I'd like to see a multi-player team tournament where it's up to 3 people on a single team, each controlling a single character.
OOO I like this idea. Snapbacks would be hilarious.

And you're allowed to enter alone, but that means you have to go solo since you don't have any other players with you to fill your team.

Save those kinda things for duh salty suite bruh ;D

Whatever gets to like 10-15 votes win btw.

I voted ec versus wc cause to me that has the most drama in picking teams and who is east coast and who is west and where Midwest and everyone else goes... Personally, I'd think it would be fair that the Mississippi River be the dividing line... Right of it is east coast, left of it west.

*wonders whether Chicago is left or right*

-edit... Looks at first post... Er... Ok.

Last edited:
Reactions: Broseidon Rex
i like C a lot but i can't even think of 5 good south players that will probably be at evo. gonna stick with B myself

I voted C because it seems to have the most potential for being hype but also something that could be extended into something that happens several times each year if it's popular enough.

That said, I'd personally really like to see D, both as an exhibition of top-level play with each character, but also because it's potentially a good way of discovering more about matchups.