• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Big Band recent change to MP broke Big Band's tutorial

SunnyTsubasa

Reaction score
Steam
http://steamcommunity.com/id/sunnytsubasa/
Big Band Fukua Cerebella
the change to Big Band's s.MP (the one that requires MP to be held for longer before notes will play) has broken the Satchmo Solo section of his tutorial. the tutorial instructs you to input the following...

a2fc5008953f5d71d5412fb8abf274d4.png

however, after pressing MP, playing the first note (LP) seems impossible. i've tried approx. 20 times, and the tutorial just forces Big Band's trumpet to drop before the note can possibly play. this isn't happening in the other sections of the tutorial. i'm not sure why this is, but it's impossible to finish Band's tutorial because of it.

i'd include a video, but it wouldn't show much - all you'd see is me pressing MP and attempting to play notes, but having nothing happen.

Edit: after a bit more testing, i've noticed that holding forward as you press MP can sometimes get the notes to play. however, nothing in the tutorial mentions this... so a change is still probably required?