• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Report Replays? In My Skullgirls Encore?

I came. This would be something I'd watch week in and week out. Add to this the idea of doing "Funday Mondays" and "Newbie Tuesdays"... we'd have real community building tools here.
Lawl for Funday Mondays "No Specials, No Blockbusters, Can't use any meter for anything. Normals only" :PUN:

"No Specials, No Blockbusters, Can't use any meter for anything. Normals only" :PUN:
You damn right

Ooh! Will replays be able to record sets? Like First to Five and etc? That'd be cool! =D

Ooh! Will replays be able to record sets? Like First to Five and etc? That'd be cool! =D
You'd get separate replays for each game, since there's no way that the game can know you're doing a FT5.
I mean if you set it to like 5/9 rounds, it'd be one replay, but that's not the same thing at all.

Could you still see how many wins there would be on the top of the screen, in theory?

ooh! would there be a way to view the replays with no UI?
more cinematic that way.
Probably not in GGPO. I remember in other arcade emulators you can do that (sprite layers). Unless Mike_Z knows how but that's just more programming in general.

You'd get separate replays for each game, since there's no way that the game can know you're doing a FT5.
I mean if you set it to like 5/9 rounds, it'd be one replay, but that's not the same thing at all.

Ah, I see.

Could you still see how many wins there would be on the top of the screen, in theory?
Eeeeeeerrrrrrrrrr probably not?

ooh! would there be a way to view the replays with no UI?
more cinematic that way.
Yeah, that's actually not that hard.

Friday Night Fights (who remembers those?)
Literally the reason I bought Skullgirls.

- Fix up playback to not be ghetto, and actually have options in it...

In a world with infinite resources, there's some cool stuff you could do with replays. My wishlist is basically to make a replay into its own training mode which you could transfer to people online. But then there's reality.

In a world with infinite resources, there's some cool stuff you could do with replays. My wishlist is basically to make a replay into its own training mode which you could transfer to people online. But then there's reality.
Well, like I've said forever, one of the things I really want to do is allow you to choose to take over P1 or P2 on a given frame of a replay. That's actually not very hard. So that's basically this?

Well, like I've said forever, one of the things I really want to do is allow you to choose to take over P1 or P2 on a given frame of a replay. That's actually not very hard. So that's basically this?
Wow, if that's feasible then SG could go from best training mode to best by a huge margin.

skuulgirls encore : best of everything edition.