• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Robo Fortune Discussion

IsaVulpes

Just Throw
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Ms. Fortune Filia Double
Last edited by a moderator:
Please take off the camera shaking with her basic movement, thanks

Reactions: Sinclair
I guess that might work better? The idea is a very nice touch but currently very distracting and heavy to the eye.

This thread is ..

- split from the general Beta thread to avoid overloading that one.
When Beo got released, 80% of the Beta thread was Beo - and it became impossible to talk about anything else; so let's have a separate topic for her, shall we.

- strictly for Suggestions and the like.
To post "Wow this character is awesome" or "jHK is such a cool reference" or "I like Palette #3", go to the Robo Fortune Subforum: http://skullgirls.com/forums/index.php?forums/robo-fortune.22/

- sexy
Surely.

Talk away~
Eh? The betawulf thread in his sub forum prevented that.

Like every character before him.

Also moved to RF subforum.

Get the other beta thread made and poppin!

It sure doesn't look good to me

It neither happens when you just wiggle for-/backward (as it happens only late in her walking animation), nor during backdashes; it does happen during forward dashes, though.
Wouldn't mind it whatsoever if it was only at late part of her walking animation (as this doesn't really pop up in matches, similar to how BBands shake is whatever),
but wavedashing with the current shake ruins my head, and even just plain dashes are .. rocking the screen for seemingly no reason

Reactions: chickenwithtie
Eh? The betawulf thread in his sub forum prevented that.

Yeah exactly, it didn't prevent that at all.

I even made this post because, you know, it didn't work at all.

The Beta thread in the Subforums is 99% used for "This palette looks cool", "I made this combo: ABC" and "Wow, how do you beat Peacock with this character??"
Any sort of Suggestions / Mike directed talk (such as "I feel sHK shouldn't be an Overhead, because it doesn't look like one at all. Rather slow down sMK and make that her OH") gets buried in that thread.

At the same time, there are tons of people who open the Beta forum, post in the "Skullgirls Beta Discussion" thread that they dislike some Bella change and then go
"Mhh I could now back out three forums, open RF one, open the thread there, and post my RF comments there.. or I could just post it in here. Surely also fine!"
Tadaaa! Some people even just forget that there is a specific char subforum, or have the same line of thinking as mentioned above ("Suggestions in that thread just get buried") and don't bother

So hey, the genius idea was to make concrete "Suggestion thread" in the Beta Subforum, which incidentally is the first place anyone who has a Beta suggestion will look, and thus avoid all that hassle
Also makes it easier for Mike, who doesn't have to venture through three different subforums (Beo, RF, Beta) to collect his info.. basically, I see a grand total of zero disadvantages. Why was this moved @Mr. X ?

wavedashing with the current shake ruins my head, and even just plain dashes are .. rocking the screen for seemingly no reason
She has no use for wavedashing since you can hold her dash; and she ignites a JET, there would be camera shake on that.
Maybe I just won't read this thread, a shame indeed.

The fact she does while normal walking makes her look, like, double has heavy as Big Band.
Oh mister Z, could you please consider doing something different? It really hurts to the eye, I'm serious.
I'll do you a favor and ignore the middle schooler joke :YY

Last edited:
Yeah exactly, it didn't prevent that at all.

Some Why was this moved @Mr. X ?
Its a perma redirect in the beta forum so you dont have to click a lot to get to this thread.
And its also the beta discussion in her subforum, please enjoy palette comments.

And Mike doesnt seem to have a problem reading beta comments in multiple threads because he replies in all of them. He stops reading threads for other reasons.

Also, no problem with char specific talk in general beta thread. The bulk it stays in the subforum.

I'd like her c.lp to link twice instead of once.

The fact she does while normal walking makes her look, like, double has heavy as Big Band.
She might just be twice as dense
Maybe when sound effects are added it will seem more appropriate

Reactions: Woofly
Personally, I really like the shake on her walk; it makes her feel more like a tank >=] I think if it was removed, her walk would look (and feel) kinda silly.

I'm curious if any shake is going to be added to her landing from a jump though, a la Big Band. I keep expecting it, and it seems like it would be appropriate.

Reactions: PME
Keep the shake! Makes her more menacing! :FUK:

Plus, all the other shaking in the game didn't seem to be a problem even Big Band's longer ones

Reactions: old_gus
I wonder what's going to replace the blood squirting effect? Is Robo Fortune going to be propelled by oil, electricity, noxious fumes?

Jets with Sentinel noises

fssshhh fssshhh

Let's just throw another reference and give her Samus jet powered high heels

I wonder what's going to replace the blood squirting effect?

Her super jump blood squirt is yellow, so I guess that?

Her super jump blood squirt is yellow, so I guess that?

It might be a coloring error, if I'm not mistaken the blood effects are separate from Ms. Fortune.

I kinda want something with an abundance of bombs, a la MK3 Smoke.

Let's just throw another reference and give her Samus jet powered high heels
I'm not really a fan of the power heels thing (mostly because I don't like the look of heels in general), though I appreciate the fact that it justifies her wearing heels in the first place.

Regardless, I will be super sad if there is not a power suit Samus color. Personally, I'd vote for the Varia, Light, or Dark variety, but any of the others would be fine too.

I wonder what's going to replace the blood squirting effect? Is Robo Fortune going to be propelled by oil, electricity, noxious fumes?

It's probably oil, but maybe she just bleeds robot blood?

And cries robot tears );

Anyway, regarding her dash, shouldn't there be a bit more startup on that kind of acceleration?

Maybe I'm just being an idiot, or maybe it is intentional, but if I do instant jump HK, air dash cancel it, and do j.HK again, I can't seem to fly upwards, just stall my recovery.

The j.HK flying stuff seems like it's supposed to accentuate your predetermined jump trajectory, not necessarily work like a true fly (which is what I was hoping for - and maybe that's coming soon, I dunno). I didn't play older Guilty Gears but is Robo Ky j.D also supposed to do the same thing?

Her time out animation looks reeally weird since she just turns into normal fortune. also, having the taser effect on st.mp being a 2nd button press would feel really nice

Nothing new, already known, happens with other characters as well.
<wippler-workn> projectiles will advance the stage if they hit after you are no longer in their creation state
<wippler-workn> it will continue to happen because the alternative is special-case infinites.

Reactions: WarpedEcho
So I picked her palette 9 and when I started training this happened.
So far this hasn't happened with any other palette I've chosen.
upload_2015-2-15_17-36-5.png

Since R is going to have limited reversal options, other than supers and s.HP, should she have all electric attacks have longer hitstun, like a taser?

Her time out animation looks reeally weird since she just turns into normal fortune. also, having the taser effect on st.mp being a 2nd button press would feel really nice

Her time-out obviously isn't final, she wouldn't just morph into normal-fortune for that one animation.

Please tone down or remove the screen shake somehow.

My normal complaints about screen shake making critical visual cues harder aside, this time it's actually kind of making me nauseous.

Why are people suddenly complaining about screen shake now when Big Band has been in the game for like a year? Do you get secondhand nausea whenever you fight a Big Band who walks or jumps?

I don't speak for the people who have issues with screen shake of course, but maybe it's just dissonance between what you're seeing and what you're (not) hearing? Like, I can understand how it'd be disorienting to have the screen shake when you aren't hearing the CLANK WHIRR CLANK noises that'll accompany it when Vince does his audio pass.

Can we please stick to suggestions that have to do with what exists in the game, rather than wishes for things she hasn't got? I'm sure there's a thread for that elsewhere. Thank you.

- Superjump and dash effects aren't done, I'm not really sure why the one effect turned out yellow. :^P
- j.HK does not let you fly upward if you were already going downward quickly, because otherwise I'd have to limit the number of them you get per jump to prevent infinite runaway. And if I do that and you use them all up and get hit and reset in the air, you won't get ANYTHING from that button press, which would be super weird.
- Robo Ky's j.D automatically flies up a certain (small) amount and is only controllable left/right. It has enough recovery that afterward you are required to fall much farther than it goes up, so you can't gain height after the initial j.D. This is less generally useful/versatile than letting you do a super high jump and hover, plus in SG you could cancel that recovery with an airdash. So I opted for Robo Ky x Storm. The aim isn't to recreate something that already exists, but to adapt it into something that's just as much fun. She will not have actual flight.

Would you be against making a special case for j.HP > ADC not advancing IPS if the projectile hits after you do the airdash? It makes some combos a little awkward, but if it's there for a very good reason then pay no mind to me.