• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Salty Cupcakes Roundup: Big Band Joins the Beta!

Cellsai

BEEP BOOP BAN
Reaction score
Website
askminette.tumblr.com
Valentine Cerebella
Another week and another Salty Cupcakes recap! Sorry these have been absent the last few weeks. Bust busy! However, now that Salty Cupcakes has a new timetable (and new venue) these should be back to regular again. This week didn't have many updates, but it did have some important ones. The most important of which is probably that Big Band will be added to the Endless Beta on Steam tonight! Mike also showed off some new palettes and gave a small update to the ongoing console delays.
[prebreak]Check out the rest of the updates below.[/prebreak]
Firstly, regarding Big Band, please try to remember that as this is a very early build of the character he is still missing a lot of his animations and commands. Not all normals and supers are finished but he does have all of his specials. His parries have also not yet been added and he will be tweaked heavily between now and when he's finished.
Expect a full report on him later when he arrives in the Endless Beta.

This Salty also showed off a few new palettes, a couple of which were actually added to the beta earlier in the week. Ms Fortune, Parasoul and Valentine all get new colors which are based on Marvel Comic's She-Hulk, Gundam's Char and Blazblue's Nu-13 respectively.

Mike also made a few mentions about the ever troubled console version.
Changing publishers from Konami to Autumn may not be as simple a matter as initially thought. Mike mentioned that the Squigly update may require a 'Remastered' release of the game instead of a simple patch, but that you won't need to buy the game again.
On a Big Band related note, the sheer size of our new character is causing slowdown issues on consoles and he may actually be made smaller before he's finally released. This size reduction will be across all versions of the game and not just limited to consoles if it goes ahead.

EDIT: Here's the Salty footage, thanks to Makross:

As usual, Eighty Sixed also had a new weekly shirt available, this time featuring Peacock.
MegamanDS from 86ed also mentioned that if you're interested in submitting shirt desgins they're looking for shirts with multiple characters at the moment.

MAB_peacock__03783.1383971569.850.1133.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd really hate if they made Big Band smaller. :/ His sheer size is kinda one of his selling points.

Is anyone else out there having a tricky time with the tambourine stick shaking? I use a controller and its a bit of challenge to get it to work right. I know that my griping is a little early but he is in beta and I wanted to voice my concern that not everyone has a arcade stick. :)

Is anyone else out there having a tricky time with the tambourine stick shaking? I use a controller and its a bit of challenge to get it to work right. I know that my griping is a little early but he is in beta and I wanted to voice my concern that not everyone has a arcade stick. :)
I'll agree. I personally am not a fan on 46464646 motions since it feels a little too random to get full damage out of moves like that.

I'd be ok with a motion to use the extender. That's how its namesake, Heat Extend, works in GG.

Other than that, I love how Big Band controls. He's amazing even when in an incomplete state like this.

Reactions: Sliced_Toast
I'll agree. I personally am not a fan on 46464646 motions since it feels a little too random to get full damage out of moves like that.

I'd be ok with a motion to use the extender. That's how its namesake, Heat Extend, works in GG.

Other than that, I love how Big Band controls. He's amazing even when in an incomplete state like this.
I could not agree more sir, I could not agree more. Those supers, the hits, all of it is amazing. I can now punish unsafe rushing characters.

They should change it to light punch and medium kick instead ahaha

Don't change Big Band's size. :(
If such is inevitable, at least have the intellectual honesty to rename him "Moderate Band".
Speaking of names, I hope that 'Sax Deka' is still going to happen.
Anyway, I'll just echo other thoughts and say Mr Birdland is looking great...at least until they cut him down to size. <:3

So, complications for the console versions just won't back down? Oh boy! (I by no means blame L0 for any of these shenanigans.)
108.jpg

He better not shrink, however I feel a lot happier hearing that all versions will be shrunk and not just the console one. I'd be beyond ticked if he was lets say peacock size on console and like double's size on PC, wow I'd just rage actually.

Don't change Big Band's size. :(

So, complications for the console versions just won't back down? Oh boy! (I by no means blame L0 for any of these shenanigans.)
Yeah. I'd be saddened if Big Band wasn't big.

Also it pretty much means that we'll probably never see Panzerfaust or Berserk Samson in the future because they're even BIGGER than Mr. Birdland. :(

Reactions: Icky
well what about scythana crouching or not she's huge....

NAAAAOOOOOOOO I don't want LabZero to change Big Band's size. I hope they can find a way for it to work because it would suck if they changed BIG Band to......medium Band T_T

EDIT: Also I don't think the other big characters will be a problem if there released for next-gen.

Reactions: Icky and Lunerstep
I believe we all want bigband t be just as his name declares heck like its been stated his big size is one of his best points and a charming trait about him ironically...to have that taken away....it's just BS

It would be annoying if he was made smaller but he might only get made a bit smaller as opposed to a lot smaller. It might be they make him around doubles height or just a bit taller than that.

If your talking about the top of his sax shaped iron lung that's a major size decrease still cuse he's already smaller then double..

Well bugger, I thought he would have been at least bigger than double. Well I still imagine he would ultimately end up staying big they could probably find something to alter to make up for it.

Biggy is basically more wider then double but shorter and his attacks fill the screen more....man just seeing those clips of him just makes him more desirable to stay the same they cant shrink.....if they have to please oh please let it be by like milla milla tiny tiny 1/4th of an inch whatever the right size number is called just barely please ^^;

I'd be beyond ticked if he was lets say peacock size on console and like double's size on PC, wow I'd just rage actually.
Or alternatively, Big Band removed from the X360 port. 16 BIT SNK GAME PORT HOMAGE! :3
OR 32 bit Capcom game port it up and cut a truckload of frames.
(Man, things really sucked ass back then.)

Also it pretty much means that we'll probably never see Panzerfaust or Berserk Samson in the future because they're even BIGGER than Mr. Birdland. :(
I think the issue is not just Band's massive height and girth but the fact his moveset is built around very elaborate transformations.
That said, I'd assume Panzerfaust and Scythana could work but Samson would likely be even worse than Band since his transformations are even wilder.

He's so much fun lol, he needs a Juggernaut and Jotaro kujo color palette X3 that or Spawn >w<

Biggy is basically more wider then double but shorter and his attacks fill the screen more....man just seeing those clips of him just makes him more desirable to stay the same they cant shrink.....if they have to please oh please let it be by like milla milla tiny tiny 1/4th of an inch whatever the right size number is called just barely please ^^;

Okay I get what you mean by his size now, although I am still hoping that they can work around the issue and not shrink him by too much, although the game might have problems on consoles if they put in multiple huge characters.

He's so much fun lol, he needs a Juggernaut and Jotaro kujo color palette X3 that or Spawn >w<

what about a Q pallet from street fighter 3 unless he already has that if he does then why not an iron tager pallet

Last edited:
did I hear the console port is getting the new new ips and not the 350 undizzy? please tel me it ain't so. I already came up with every combo that stays in undizzy limit don't tell me I have to change again wihout even getting to try what pc has been doin for months.

did I hear the console port is getting the new new ips and not the 350 undizzy? please tel me it ain't so. I already came up with every combo that stays in undizzy limit don't tell me I have to change again wihout even getting to try what pc has been doin for months.
Mike is still tinkering with IPS and Undizzy settings in the PC beta. When he finally settles on a system he (and the players) like, that system will be included in the Squigly console patch.

what about a Q pallet from street fighter 3 unless he already has that if he does then why not an iron tager pallet
The default palette already looks a lot like Q so an actual Q palette would be way too similar to that. They are planning on putting in a "red Q" palette though (one of Q's alt palettes in 3S).

The default palette already looks a lot like Q so an actual Q palette would be way too similar to that. They are planning on putting in a "red Q" palette though (one of Q's alt palettes in 3S).

ah ok thanks for the info and sorry it's been awhile since i played street fighter 3 third strike so my fighting knowledge might be low at the moment