• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Salty Updates 18 July 2014

Some Person

Pretty Pony Princess
Reaction score
Steam
Apple Jack
PSN
xervort13
Valentine Double Cerebella
Now that everyone's recovering from Evo (and Evola), it's time to get back on track with updates!

Not much this week, but of what there is, it's really something!

[prbreak]Read more...[/prbreak]

• General Updates
    • Possible function which disables the home button during tournament mode matches (PS3 only).
    • New effect for Double Snaps, which plays the Skullgirls theme along with a visual effect. Inspired by Poccola's videos.
    • New effect for KO on a game-winning Blockbuster, which has a character image of the KO'd character's face in the background, similar to the Jojo's Bizarre Adventure fighting game.
  • Painwheel
    • Level 3 now has three hits of armor, which can add damage to the super.
  • Valentine
    • Valentine's level 2 now breaks armor.
  • Peacock
    • Fixed Peacock's dash so ground moves will always work instead of her being randomly airborne.
  • Eliza
    • New Palette: Dio.

EDIT: Now with video footage, thanks to Makr0ss!

Last edited:
The Jojo takeover will never die, will it.

• Eliza
    • New Palette: Dio.
Does it look something similar to this? I know this is fan made, but I'm just curious is all.

eliza-color-crazy.gif

The Jojo takeover will never die, will it.

Not until Jotaro BB and Beowulf Joeseph at least.

Now Kill la Kill fever that is something else entirely.

Last edited:
New effect for Double Snaps, which plays the Skullgirls theme along with a visual effect.
New effect for KO on a game-winning Blockbuster, which has a character image of the KO'd character's face in the background, similar to the Jojo's Bizarre Adventure fighting game.
Mike said in the patch notes that he freed up some memory on console, and I'm guessing this is where it went. Memory well spent.

The Double Snap effect + music was inspired by Poccola's SG gameplay vids. Check out their page and subscribe if you enjoy.

Reactions: Ryin
Does it look something similar to this? I know this is fan made, but I'm just curious is all.
WBH6mc4.png

Very close to Zazz's version.

(Should be spelled DIO, by the by. ALL CAPS FOR SUUTANDO POWA!)

I'm curious about that Blockbuster finisher effect. Sounds great.

Reactions: EA575
thank you mike z for now i don't fear painwheel's bullshit(with val at least)

I always hoped Poccola's Double Snap effect would be added officially.

Great to see that it's being implemented.

Praise our Solo Parasoul God Poccola.
with this new mode (is that the right term? or maybe call it a character state?) i hope it means there will be a new advanced tutorial lesson dedicated to explaining double snaps

it pretty much can be called a core part of SG gameplay, right?

with this new mode (is that the right term? or maybe call it a character state?) i hope it means there will be a new advanced tutorial lesson dedicated to explaining double snaps

it pretty much can be called a core part of SG gameplay, right?
The effect is new (music and screen fx), the double snap was always in.

I have found my Eliza palette *A*

i know that. i mean this effect placing a big emphasis on it probably should be explained in-game.

Last edited:
Reactions: BeatNinja
I like the new effects! The KO images are really cool, but I noticed some people were bugged by the red background. I'll have to see it up close myself, but if the red really is a problem, maybe they could just do white-on-black or black-on-white instead?

And y'know, Mike should totally consider adding the "Double Snap Effect" during 1-Pixel comeback moments. Then Skullgirls would have it's own "Guile's Theme" built right into the game!

Nah, they weren't in Launch Party Edition. They were added to SDE (in LPE, snapping the assist sent them offscreen much like it does if you do it out of the corner in the current game). It was a specific Salty change where Mike added things like speeded up red health regen and passive meter generation for the snapped team as an attempt to make the option less brainded than it was in Marvel 2.

And y'know, Mike should totally consider adding the "Double Snap Effect" during 1-Pixel comeback moments. Then Skullgirls would have it's own "Guile's Theme" built right into the game!

So, like in SF2 when a character got to 'critical' health and the music changed?

someone please post the ko images, i'm a filthy psn player

im 99% certain that double snaps were always in vanilla too. i remember people posting vids claiming they had broken IPS since you used to get the red sparks when you were doing an infinite on an assist. this was less than a month after the game released too.

Double snap at 4:57
Blockbuster KO at 3:05 (Cow), 5:25 (Bella) and 6:35 (Valentine)
Oh, is it a blockbuster KO on their last character only? I was kinda hoping it was every time you killed a character with a block buster it'd show up. Also wish the lines and the special music would play during a Happy Birthday combo.

Reactions: shoryusatsu999
Heh those touches are just amazing and honestly I was actually hoping someday they'd consider doing that music for when you did a double snap just like in Poccola's Vids, Poccola does really fun edits for the vids and that was one of my top fav aspects is the double snap music change.

The Dio palette is great. I know beggars can't be choosers, but it would be great if Eliza got a Yoshikage Kira palette from Jojo's Part 4 because of Sekhmet/Killer Queen similarities.

someone please post the ko images, i'm a filthy psn player
Here.

Big Band
tumblr_n912nhVwcg1rdyr26o1_1280.jpg

Cerebella
tumblr_n912nhVwcg1rdyr26o2_1280.jpg

Double
tumblr_n912nhVwcg1rdyr26o3_1280.jpg

Filia
tumblr_n912nhVwcg1rdyr26o4_1280.jpg

Ms. Fortune
tumblr_n912nhVwcg1rdyr26o5_1280.jpg

Painwheel
tumblr_n912nhVwcg1rdyr26o6_1280.jpg

Parasoul
tumblr_n912nhVwcg1rdyr26o7_1280.jpg

Peacock
tumblr_n912nhVwcg1rdyr26o8_1280.jpg

Valentine
tumblr_n912nhVwcg1rdyr26o10_1280.jpg

Squigly
tumblr_n913kvHn7a1rdyr26o1_1280.jpg

Fukua
tumblr_n915jsD4nv1rdyr26o1_1280.jpg

Gosh, this took so much time...
(Please ignore amount of hits....)

Last edited:
I assume that Fukua would have the exact same losing screen image thingy because that one wasn't there, you don't have to put that one if it is exactly the same as Fillia's screen.

She doesn't even have a loading screen portrait yet :p
[image]
WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Man, he works fast!
And he used one of my favorite lines from DIO :PUN:

I assume that Fukua would have the exact same losing screen image thingy because that one wasn't there, you don't have to put that one if it is exactly the same as Fillia's screen.
Ooops, I totally forgot about her... Sorry.
I'll add her later.

Wow, now I wanna do double snaps now. If anything this makes me want to be a better player.

My computer really doesn't like to load twitch archives. Any word on it being uploaded to Youtube yet?

These effects are super simple but very appreciated. I'm glad they changed the Blockbuster KO Effect to look more like the loading screen art, the red was a little too much for my eyes.

As for the Double Snap Effect, it's pretty awesome. I'm glad that they gave Poccola a shout out, her videos are great. It would be sick if the same effect were added to Painwheel's Hatred Install, kind of like what's in this video.

Reactions: CountofBleck