• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Samurai X: Rurouni Kenshin

Favorite character?

• Kenshin Himura/Hitokiri Battousai/Battousai the Manslayer

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Kaoru Kamiya

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sanosuke Sagara

• Yahiko Myojin

• Megumi Takani

• Aoshi Shinomori

• Saito Hajime

• Misao Makimachi

• Shishio Makoto

• Seijuro Kiko

• Udo Jin-e

• other

• Total voters

SanoBaron

Delicious chewable Hubba-Bella
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Steam
RedRummage and for 3DS 3695-0329-5107
PSN
Sanoblaze
Cerebella Peacock
So, I just found this
Rurouni%20Kenshin%202_live-action03.jpg

and so now I figured "well, considering we're getting a second movie, why not make a thread for the series?

so I did.

I fucking love Rurouni Kenshin! it was THE anime that got me into anime!
Rurouni.Kenshin.600.365447.jpg

feel free to talk about the anime, manga, or the movies. anything is up to talk about for this series.
awesomepart2.jpg

I am so fucking hyped for this next movie! You guys don't even know!~ We gettin' Shishio! we gettin' Aoshi! This sequel is gonna be good yo!
b247846a309c31d1e3603c8b4abacd571388587780_full.jpg

get hype!

Ah yeah, Rurouni Kenshin still one of my favourite anime / manga for a few years and I guess as well live action movies, been planning to watch but restraints known as coursework get in the way of that.

I put in my vote for favourite character being Seijuro because he was too goddamn awesome that didn't participate in too many fights otherwise it would have been too easy, Shishio and Kenshin come in a close second and third as my other favourite characters.

GUYS! I am so excited for this one casting decision more than any other!
14613-53t6f7pqnn.jpg

Ryosuke Miura as Swordhunter Cho is going to be SOOOOOO GOOOOD! If you've seen or heard of Kamen Rider OOO you would know that Ryosuke pretty much OWNED the scenery as Ankh in that show. I am just so excited to see these two
4d050_rurouni_kenshin_-_sagara_sanosuke_02.jpg
krooo2812.jpg

constantly going at it during the movies! they will make just the best parts of the movies! I know it!

tumblr_m45w5mfJwj1r0z2qw.gif

like, even in a comedy scene Miura just COMMANDS the attention of the viewer! the Ruruoni Kenshin fanbase is gonna be in for a really amazing treat!

The power of thread revival, yeah just watched the first film and I consider it the best live action adaption of an anime I have seen, characters portrayed really well, good action scene for both the big full blown action scene and the more solo fights eg the swordsplay with the fight of kenshin and Jin-ei was superb and really good acting.

A bit condensed but they got everything in decently, also I think it helps that seeing Kenshin as played by Takeru Satoh aka the wimpy kamen rider helped in why I like it because why he still has his light side, when he gets intense, he gets frigging intense.

My personal favorite moment was the break in the middle of the Sanosuke's fight, felt so jarring yet so fitting.

OH MY WORD! I love the break in the middle of Sanosuke's fight.

you know a fight between 2 dudes is so good when they mutually agree to a quick breather and a snack before going back to beating the ever loving shit out of each other.

:,) manliness at its best right there.

Reactions: Cybermanworf
I made this little joke in my head that when film version of kenshin goes into Battousai state he is accessing sword form.

I like how they keep Sano's sword because it got barely used in the fight vs kenshin so it neede some spotlight.

Also I just thought of something, I hope we are going to see Aoshi in the second film, I like but he is not in the top 3, which are Seijuro, Kenshin and Sanosuke.

Aoshi will appear in the next 2 films. he has been casted.

I just don't know how weird its gonna feel knowing Kamatari is being played by a very attractive woman especially considering Kamatari's actual gender.