• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Canada [Sep 27, 2013] CANADA CUP : SKULL GIRLS SIDE TOURNAMENT (Vancouver, BC)

GirlyStyle

Reaction score
Parasoul Fukua Double
ronpaul_itshappening.gif

Hey Folks! So I will be running the Canada Cup Skull Girls Side tournament.

It would be nice if we could get at least 16 people for this kind of thing, so please please please don't be shy to come out and support. Don't worry about skill level - a tournament is a great place to learn!

IMPORTANT: The only way to register for Canada Cup is to pre register online. You can do so here: http://canada-cup.ca/ccg-2013-pre-registration/
FORMAT

Version: PC

Entry: 5$ or 10$? give a shout out on what you would prefer

DOUBLE ELIMINATION

All games are a best of 2/3, except for Winners Finals, Losers Finals, and Grand Finals,
which are all 3/5 sets.

Split: 70/20/10

Loser may switch character/assists.

Please bring your own stick!

If I have missed something or something seems off please mention it.

If you can help with setups in anyway (PC/monitor) please give a shout. We will also be running casuals and money matches. Will see what we can do about a stream, but seems likely with PC version and what not.

We will also be running casuals and possibly money matches.

Lets do it guys! Let's make this the first PC major!

Confirmed players:
GirlyStyle
Volacide
Qetzl
Lazertime

Last edited:
Reactions: .42.
it would be really fun if there was a tournament like this in my city :c
also,bump

I am in. Got a car a and one of everything else at my disposal. Just tell me what is needed.

I am in. Got a car a and one of everything else at my disposal. Just tell me what is needed.

Thanks mang! I will let you know

I signed up for sf4 for fun. Today I was trying to find a character to play. SF4 training mode is so bad compared to SG.

Reactions: GirlyStyle
i am the best ken in the world

Just pre-registered, count me in! Looking forward to meeting all of you

Last day for early pre reg! Get in there!

Any chance of a stream?

Not sure yet! Depends on venue, but I am sure we can record in the least because we are doing PC version

Wish I was there, hows the turnout?

Wish I was there, hows the turnout?

not sure yet! I imagine its going to be your standard SkullGirls affair, no more then 10 entrants.

Might run some casuals tonight to test streaming.

I'm usually just a silent dweller on here, but I would love to join. Moved to the area recently, so I don't really know anyone yet.

I'm usually just a silent dweller on here, but I would love to join. Moved to the area recently, so I don't really know anyone yet.

great chance to meet peeps!

we are doing some casuals at 7ish tonight, feel free to drop by! its 15 bux for entrance to the tourney for the whole weekend

I've got a player pass for Canada Cup already, signed up for SF4. Didn't see this thread, specifically, until today. I'll be there tomorrow for sure.

dope.

also everyone, we will be starting the tourney at 1pm. sharp!

Can't wait to see those matches! We were dropping so many combos you'd think we were listening to dubstep

It was a fun. And really cool to meet SG peeps in person. We can now increase the size of out SG meetups.

PS I did pretty badly. I taught myself a new filia bnb and learned at the event that it is not a practical combo. It works off of a raw :HP: launcher but does not work from a c.:MK: hit confirm. That really messed me up. Every time I got a hit I would drop the combo after 4 hits. Sucks to be me.

@lazertime It was cool meeting you. You are the only person I have seen to use the Parasoul tear explosion jump.

Last edited:
It was a fun. And really cool to meet SG peeps in person. We can now increase the size of out SG meetups.

PS I did pretty badly. I taught myself a new filia bnb and learned at the event that it is not a practical combo. It works off of a raw :HP: launcher but does not work from a c.:MK: hit confirm. That really messed me up. Every time I got a hit I would drop the combo after 4 hits. Sucks to be me.

@lazertime It was cool meeting you. You are the only person I have seen to use the Parasoul tear explosion jump.
lol just kinda did that on the spot. I'm glad I then caught you in the resulting cross up!