• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Steam - Windows Settings when switching between controller/fightstick

Kujaku

Reaction score
Steam
-Kujaku-
PSN
Kujaku-IX
Squigly Squigly Squigly
Hello, Skullfolk! I did some searching, and couldn't find a place suitable for my specific dumb question, so here it is, in my first big-boy thread. Please don't stone me.

Today I became the impulsive new owner of a Hori RAP4 for PS3/4 (Fry's is a dangerous place). Since my PS4 only exists in the future, I plan on breaking it in on PC. Thing is, its button assignment reads kinda odd, kicks and punches scattered all over the main rows. I reassigned this no problem within the game, but that changed my tried-and-true 360 controller's setup.

So, question is: Is there a way I can switch between the stick and the 360 pad without remapping the controls every time? A way to keep separate profiles or something?

I could always, y'know, go full fightstick and grit my teeth through the Times of Terribleness. I was hoping for a lazier fix.

Remap your fightstick's controls though Big Picture Mode? That way you won't have to modify them in-game.

I, uh, own a Hori RAP5; don't know how similar it is but I can plug it in on both ps3 and ps4 modes and play immediately no problem.
This also doesn't mess with my ps3 controller layout when I use Better DS3
Are you using motioninjoy? If so, have you tried just plugging it in without running it?

I went into Big Picture and remapped some things, but it didn't take when in-game (LK and MK are still switched, for example). I plugged the stick in straight outta the box, too.

I'll try it with some 3rd-party software and see if that goes. Thanks for the suggestions!

I tried a couple different programs, but ended up losing patience with them and just stayed with the stick. I unplug it if I need to go into another game with the 360, now.

Last edited: