• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

SG Steam Controller Compatibility?

PallasMercury

Reaction score
Steam
PallasMercury
XBL
PallasMercury
Squigly Eliza
I'm considering buying the PC version of SG. Can I use an Xbox controller for the game? And does it lag bad, or does it depend on your connection and computer? I've noticed that the file size for the game isn't too large, so that isn't a problem.

Any help and information on the PC version would be highly appreciated! Especially the controller dilemma. Thanks.

An Xbox controller should be fine.

And if your computer's at least average, it shouldn't have too much trouble running SG.

Thanks so much. My computer runs MMORPG games with a bigger file size and loads of players online. So, it should be fine.

I'm considering getting some controllers for use with the PC version of SG (so me and the wife can play local) and i'm wondering what the Best option would be. I'm not really familiar with any consoles newer than a PS2 so i'm unsure as to whether Xbox or PS3 controllers would be better, I'm probably more familiar with the Playstation controller's layout than an Xbox pad's but i would also like the controllers to work with Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition so i'm aiming for cross-compatibility.

It's also worth noting that the set up we currently have means that the PC itself is positioned behind where we sit so it can be connected up to my projector, this gives me some reservations about wireless controllers working as PC in a low position behind the sofa. Would wired be best in this situation?

I use an Xbox 360 controller for Skullgirls myself, it works fine.

I have used a logitech pc pad, xbox360 controller and a ps3 stick and they all work equally great. Skullgirls has REALLY good controller support compared to lots of other games. If you get a wireless 360 controller you might need one of those receiver dongles though.