• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Site takes a while or never loads

Rynozilla

Guess what I'm watching
Reaction score
Website
steamcommunity.com
Steam
Rynozilla
Eliza Squigly Filia
At first I thought it was a problem with my internet, or maybe my computer. But then I asked my friend, and he's also had trouble getting into SkullHeart, from time to time. And then just this morning, when I checked it at school, on my phone, it just refused to load a lot of the time. I know this isn't just a problem at home now. Is there already a known reason for this problem?

Last edited:
Server issues. Autumn will be moving (and this site with it) to a new server on the weekend, nothing I can do about the issues before then, unfortunately.

No idea where to put this but it's happening again:
1xx8oW1.png

These messages appear really often and it's getting really hard to visit the site. Are you moving servers again?

I have these issues when accessing during the day, but not in the evening.

Yes. It happens a lot here.

I thought it was just bad internet reception.

For the last 3-4 days I've had huge issues with skullheart being slow and unresponsive.

Reactions: gluemchen
Ok, I'll look into it.

Found the problem, might take a while to fix because I'll have to talk to Autumn's people, Hopefully it won't be too long.

Reactions: Dime and IsaVulpes
Made some changes, updated some stuff. We're not sure that the problem is fixed permanently so let me know here if things get bad in the future - Being on the other side of the world means I'm often not online when the site is at its peak of activity, which is naturally when these problems will appear.

It would seem that vad updated his bug spray :)

Reactions: Rynozilla
Site is taking far longer to load now for whatever reason. So yeah.... for me it's still an issue.

Edit: Seems to work great now. Whatever you did... it worked. Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: Broseidon Rex
Site is taking far longer to load now for whatever reason. So yeah.... for me it's still an issue.

Edit: Seems to work great now. Whatever you did... it worked. Thanks!
Wait, so you were having trouble an hour ago when you first posted this?

EDIT: Fixed another really dumb thing caused by the last update. Loads should now be even snappier.

Last edited:
I'm still getting intermittent slow load times.

Interestingly enough, even though I was not experiencing problems during the last couple days when people were reporting issues here, I do have those problems now.

A new page takes about 30-60 seconds to load instead of doing so instantly. Also, it's hardly a peak time in forum activity (if anything, I think now is among the less active hours in a day for Skullheart), so I don't think the problem is site traffic-related.

I'm having loading problems between 11 AM to 5 PM EST. The mornings and nights are loading fine for me.

Yep, we think we've finally solved the problem and surprisingly it wasn't my fault! Things should really be fixed now.

Reactions: Dime
It's still super slow for me. Later than it has been.

It's still super slow for me. Later than it has been.
Even in the last hour or so? The last fix was only made right before I posted my previous comment.

Working for me atm 5:52 PM CST

Even in the last hour or so? The last fix was only made right before I posted my previous comment.

It was at the time my comment was posted. Seems fine now.

Reactions: Vadsamoht
Site is being slow for me, it seems to load fine some of the time but posts are taking forever to go through almost everytime I try.

I haven't changed anything recently, so I can't see why performance should be any worse than it was during the spike after CB.

Site is honestly loading fine for me - I can't do anything until I see a real problem unfortunately.