• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skull Lore Theories: Theonite

Do you agree with me?

• Yes

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters

FunkyHellboy

The nicest Guy
Reaction score
Steam
FunkyHellboy
XBL
FunkyHellboy
Filia Squigly Big Band
I'm sorry I literally have WAY too many points to lay down here so just watch this please!

Reactions: ElementFree
Had a lot of fun with contributing to this theory.
Finally others get to see this.

You weave a good discussion, but I'm largely in disagreement. Here's some points of contention:
  • In your theory, theonite is more common than nitrogen.
  • If humans are 5% theonite and parasites are 50% theonite, why isn't Double hunting parasites? Why gather krill when you can catch a giant tuna?
  • Where do you get the notion that Eliza tasted/consumed Aeon's and Venus's blood? As far as Eliza's story mode goes, Double accuses her of only killing them.
  • Gehenna as a factory to extract theonite from Skullgirl victims blood. I agree it a collection of victims' blood, but not for theonite reasons. Forget theonite: for the symbiotic parasite, host blood is super nutritious. You are undervaluing the blood. Eliza skims from blood drives like a vampire with a blood bank because she needs extra blood (beyond the average host and parasite partnership) to stay young and beautiful. Extra blood is her fuel, not trace amounts of theonite.
    Perhaps a victim's blood has no theonite in it, but blood could be a medium that is good for containing and preserving theonite. More blood in the pool, the more theonite power to bank. I mean Double has to add something to the blood. It would quickly spoil otherwise.
  • Painwheel has two synthetic parasites. An important distinction as Peacock also has two and she does not require Skullgirl blood to survive. But you are correct the Skullgirl blood (how did Brain Drain acquire this?!) does grant Painwheel super-healing qualities.
  • The varied races of humans, ferals, dagonians, gigans, and so on wishing for environmentally-influenced change reeks of Lamarckism (a bogus evolutionary theory based on a parent's modified trait passing onto a child. For example, a giraffe gets its long neck from each generation stretching its neck to reach high leaves). Normal evolution without theonite over millions of years is sufficient cause for the variety.
Saying the Life Gem is pure theonite is intriguing, but where is this cited? I don't see it in the canon info thread.

• Where do you get the notion that Eliza tasted/consumed Aeon's and Venus's blood? As far as Eliza's story mode goes, Double accuses her of only killing them.

Eliza had a line after killing Cerebella- "Even after tasting the blood of an immortal..."- that I, at least, gathered was referring to Aeon/Venus after Double did her big reveal. As for "only killing them"- why not eat them? A girl's gotta eat, after all, and if there's fine dining available why skip out on the chance?

Eliza had a line after killing Cerebella- "Even after tasting the blood of an immortal..."
She was talking about Ms. Fortune.

We don't really know if she really is referring to Ms Fortune, She could be referring to the goddesses.

"I do so love blood fresh from the source... There's no comparison- even after tasting that of an immortal."

Eh, it could go either way. To be honest, I wasn't thinking about Fortune at all upon watching the scene. Plus, her "cute new drinking fountain" should always be "fresh," so I was under the impression that the "immortal" in question was from a while back. On the other hand, Miss Kittie's blood was notably "piquant," so perhaps.

Yeah but isn't it far more likely that she's referring to Fortune? Like 95% more likely as opposed to the 5% chance that she's referring to the "Goddesses?" That's my problem with this video, these theories ignore the likely explanation and instead go for the most farfetched and convoluted one. It's come to a point where he's straight up making factual errors about the canon to support his own wild ideas. I apologize in advance if my tone is aggressive, I'm just like that.

Reactions: Muro and SmashBlade
Yeah, pretty sure the immortal line refers to Fortune,
I guess since the blood is regenerative by nature as opposed to being pumped purely from the heart? I dunno,
Eliza's a blood connoisseur I'm sure she can taste the difference.

Yeah but isn't it far more likely that she's referring to Fortune? Like 95% more likely as opposed to the 5% chance that she's referring to the "Goddesses?" That's my problem with this video, these theories ignore the likely explanation and instead go for the most farfetched and convoluted one. It's come to a point where he's straight up making factual errors about the canon to support his own wild ideas. I apologize in advance if my tone is aggressive, I'm just like that.
I thought it was way more likely that she would be talking about Aeon and Venus snice she is the cause of their deaths and would in all likelihood drink their blood in order to get the power that Leviathan and Samson said near threw the world into chaos. I also think that she thinks that Fortune is a unlimited drinking fountain that tastes really good due to the 100% pure Theonite life gem.

Besides, what else was Eliza going to do after killing the Goddesses, give them a respectful burial? Have a moment of silence for the departed? Go out and order some nice, tasteful flowers for Mother?

Sorry but there was just no solid ground at all while I watched that video.
@BallotBoxer says it better than I can, I agree with him.

Last edited:
You weave a good discussion, but I'm largely in disagreement. Here's some points of contention:
  • In your theory, theonite is more common than nitrogen.
  • If humans are 5% theonite and parasites are 50% theonite, why isn't Double hunting parasites? Why gather krill when you can catch a giant tuna?
  • Gehenna as a factory to extract theonite from Skullgirl victims blood. I agree it a collection of victims' blood, but not for theonite reasons. Forget theonite: for the symbiotic parasite, host blood is super nutritious. You are undervaluing the blood. Eliza skims from blood drives like a vampire with a blood bank because she needs extra blood (beyond the average host and parasite partnership) to stay young and beautiful. Extra blood is her fuel, not trace amounts of theonite.
    Perhaps a victim's blood has no theonite in it, but blood could be a medium that is good for containing and preserving theonite. More blood in the pool, the more theonite power to bank. I mean Double has to add something to the blood. It would quickly spoil otherwise.
  • Painwheel has two synthetic parasites. An important distinction as Peacock also has two and she does not require Skullgirl blood to survive. But you are correct the Skullgirl blood (how did Brain Drain acquire this?!) does grant Painwheel super-healing qualities.
  • The varied races of humans, ferals, dagonians, gigans, and so on wishing for environmentally-influenced change reeks of Lamarckism (a bogus evolutionary theory based on a parent's modified trait passing onto a child. For example, a giraffe gets its long neck from each generation stretching its neck to reach high leaves). Normal evolution without theonite over millions of years is sufficient cause for the variety.
Saying the Life Gem is pure theonite is intriguing, but where is this cited? I don't see it in the canon info thread.
Parasites are high powered and Double would be chancing it if she fought them. And parasites could be very scarce due to the war Eliza raged on the old kingdom.
Theonite could be virtually undiscovered and unexpored by science at the time and the people who can get the Theonite are done through old means 'life gem' and through Skullgirl blood which is extremely hard to find and even harder to collect.
I didn't say that eliza got the power at the end through theonite. She got that power up through just having a mass amount of blood. But if she did drink the 100% pure Theonite blood of Aeon anand Venus at the beginning she would be able have the power to almost throw the world into chaos by the blood of only two people.
I did say that Painwheel has 2 parasites the skullheart allowed her to survive having 2 attached at first. The fast healing due to the Theonite in the skullgirls blood allows her to pump blood faster to feed both parasites and heal faster.

The Theonite evolution (though a admittedly a stretch that can be taken out of the theory as it is just a branch of the theory not a central part) from each person could be not wishing for the want to be evolve is is just the need to be evolve to allow exellerated evolution while keeping to be in near human like forms instead of just becoming fish all the way. (Think like Xmen mutants)

Dangit, I forgot that Eliza said she doesn't do funerals. And here I was having fun with the idea of her carefully, tastefully arranging services for the deceased. "And here you'll see I've molded her congealed blood into a nice wreath of flowers. It'll match the autumn colors rather nicely, I think."

Reactions: SmashBlade