• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

SkullBats Encore: Revival

Duckator

VIP
Reaction score
Steam
steamcommunity.com/id/byab/
PSN
Duckator
Chat: irc.mibbit.net #Skullgirls - Mibbit Link

For those of you unfamiliar with IRC, just follow the link above to the chat, and use the same name you use on PSN. This is where you'll report your matches so I can update the challonge brackets. If you're unable to IRC, you can message me the results on PSN.

For ease of fast reporting, please use the following format: [report]Winner Score

ex. "[report]Duckator 2-0"

Time: Every Friday at 7:00 pm EDT, 6 central, 4 PST, etc.
I won't be able to make it every Friday so you may be on your own some weeks.
I'll try to let you know in advance but if I'm not there by the time it starts then one of you will need to run it.

Rules:
  • Each match is best 2 out of 3.
  • Winner is not allowed to switch characters, but they may switch assist.
  • No game breaking glitches.
  • If someone does not show up for their match in 5 minutes they will be given a warning, and in 5 more minutes they will be disqualified for the round
  • Someone from the match must report who won, but the winner is the one that is held responsible for it.
  • Any player may choose to forfeit if they decide the connection is unplayable. The other player will simply get the win.
  • If both players agree the connection is bad or don't want to play in it, they may report a draw.
  • If there aren't enough people to run a 5 round Swiss tourney we will do round robin instead.
  • Otherwise, standard Swiss System rules. Whoever has the most points at the end wins. Ties are broken by tie breaker points. If there's any further ties in the top 3 even after that, then they can be decided with a whole set of best 2 out of 3. Ties below top 3 will be left alone.
SkullBats Encore: Revival Results
Skullbats Encore: Revival #1
Skullbats Encore: Revival #2
Skullbats Encore: Revival #3
Skullbats Encore: Revival #4

Last edited:
Can this still be a thing or just no more skullbats for ps3?

Can this still be a thing or just no more skullbats for ps3?
It can if people show up

show up for PC imo, It has POS&Elky streaming now.

I will be there psn my is nega zaku ill be there

What's the skill level of people in it? I'm guessing advanced. Thanks.
actually its always mixed. some are mashers, some have resets, some go to tournaments (but very rarely we get this excluding duckator). the main point in this is to face other people. you fight five people and your score is based on how many wins you get. maybe you'll fight someone who doesn't block. maybe you'll fight me. there is no prize so I wouldn't be concerned. Just show up and have fun.

Ah, thanks for the info. So the 4PM start time for PTZ is probably because it runs a pretty long time & ETZ people don't have to be awake at an extremely late hour. I don't do well late at night myself. Fri. is usually a half-day of work for me, since I go up to 12 hrs. a day Mon.-Thurs.

I'll see about this Fri. I can only play on weekends, so I'll have no practice during the week before then. Guess I'll read the forums & watch videos.

Is this still a thing cuz im always down for gettin ass kicked in some tournies on ps3

Is this still a thing cuz im always down for gettin ass kicked in some tournies on ps3
we may need more people. attendance is what matters

I would like to attend but how will I know when its time for my match? This is my first time attending any sort of tournament so I don't really know how it works.

I would like to attend but how will I know when its time for my match? This is my first time attending any sort of tournament so I don't really know how it works.
on the day of it, just enter the irc. that is all you have to do.

on the day of it, just enter the irc. that is all you have to do.
That.

Also, when you join don't leave if there's nothing happening. Like 5 people joined and left before it started last time and when it actually did start there was no one around to play.

So 4PM PTZ tomorrow? I might get off work early, but still need travel time. OK if I try this for my first time? What's the latest I can join & what time does it end? Thanks-

@indieanimator
It doesn't always start at the exact time but that usually is due to unfortunate mishaps so be punctual. It's necessary in order for the host to make a bracket. If you don't show up by the time a bracket is made then you are out of luck. As for when it ends, it depends on how long people take with their matches so I can't give you an accurate time.

@Negazaku
Enter the irc and stay there. You can enter it as early as you want if you want to make sure you are entered on the bracket. When it's time (7pm est, 4pm pst, 6pm central) the host will make a bracket for those who are in the irc at the time. Sometimes it starts a little late because we all have personal lives so please wait for the host to show up, unless you have something else more important to attend to.

Starting today, I should be free for this every Friday. So in the event Duckator can't make it, I'll run it instead. If he can't make it and I'm running late, consequently the tournament will start late (provided people are still around by the time I show up) and I will post in this thread to let you all know. If both of us are unable to make it at all, you would have to run amongst yourselves and post the final score of the tournament for Duck to post in the thread.

Starting today, I should be free for this every Friday. So in the event Duckator can't make it, I'll run it instead. If he can't make it and I'm running late, consequently the tournament will start late (provided people are still around by the time I show up) and I will post in this thread to let you all know. If both of us are unable to make it at all, you would have to run amongst yourselves and post the final score of the tournament for Duck to post in the thread.

Thanks. I actually kinda picked a bad day for me to do this.
I can run it this week though.

If this is going next friday, i can play on PSN
PSN: SoftShocks

If this is going next friday, i can play on PSN
PSN: SoftShocks

You could join now if you want. We haven't gotten too far so remaking the bracket wouldn't be a big deal.

I'm so sorry but I can't make it because some family stuff came up. again sorry but I will try to be there next week.

You could join now if you want. We haven't gotten too far so remaking the bracket wouldn't be a big deal.
I would but im at work :(

Is this still a thing?

Even tho no one responding I believe so I was talking to adveis on psn n he said every was jus at ceo

My laptop has been restored, so this Friday this is on again. I hope you all plan on showing up.

I'll try to make it this week

Ugh.. its 4th of july might not be able to join...again

I hope to try this for my first time, & can join chat on my PC, but haven't been able to do so on my brother's yet (where I'd play the PS3)...

Probably won't be able to make it. 4th of July stuff and what not

Amazing play by the experts. I'll need a lot more practice before attempting anything other than being a training dummy. Thanks for hosting & your patience w/me being unfamiliar w/how that worked.

Now that evo is done this friday lets get some skullbats goin